Shocked at the chemists!!!

PeteB

24 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I think kids should be assessed for free school meals by their BMI.

The sad thing is, when i was at school in the 70's no one would have batted an eyelid to that suggestion.....assuming it hadn't already been thought of. And in reality it still is a very reasonable suggestion......back in the day, parents would have even been asking for it, but now you are not allowed to categorise or for want of a better word 'shame' people. Which is why we have obesity, drug dependency and alcoholism......I think when people were shamed to be fat or a druggie or a pisshead they may have done something about it. Now it is supposed to be 'normal' because you cannot criticise it. You make it 'normal' and when people think it's normal, they don't need to do anything about it. No shame anymore....it's illegal.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, AHPP said:

Bloody watch me. Anything the state involves itself in goes wrong. The opposite of what’s intended usually happens. If they’re trying to feed people, more will starve. The cobra effect. Just watch. A year from now, scum parents will have worked out how to use the school meals money for scratchcards and scum catering contractors will have worked out how to use the school meals money for company Bentleys.

Bleedin hell, who pissed on your chips!

It's about kids getting one decent meal a day. If the house is on fire you don't start asking who's fault it is, who's making money out of it you pot the fire out and ask questions later. 

This is the UK, kids should not be going hungry, if a free school meal helps reduce that then that's good news imo. Maybe some of the parents are idiots who didn't think it through or maybe a partner died or just fcked off, or they just fell on bad times, who knows. As long as the kid isn't the victim because of those circumstances then that's all that matters imo.

3 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

OY! 

Baggers!

BUS WANKA!

WWW.GOV.UK

Some older people can get free travel on local buses - contact your council to check your eligibility and apply for a...

at the moment everybody gets the £2 max fare. our local bus service has changed to a 1 hourly service, and they are not reliable if one does not come the next one is full and will not stop to pick anybody up.  

54 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Bleedin hell, who pissed on your chips!

It's about kids getting one decent meal a day. If the house is on fire you don't start asking who's fault it is, who's making money out of it you pot the fire out and ask questions later. 

This is the UK, kids should not be going hungry, if a free school meal helps reduce that then that's good news imo. Maybe some of the parents are idiots who didn't think it through or maybe a partner died or just fcked off, or they just fell on bad times, who knows. As long as the kid isn't the victim because of those circumstances then that's all that matters imo.

The British government pissed on my chips.

I quite agree, a child didn't ask to be born and didn't ask to be born into circumstances where they suffer. But. Hastily reaching for dangerous ideology to feed kids in the short term and condemning them to a future of big-state paternalism in the long term is not doing them any favours. They'll get over being hungry from 5-16 a lot more easily than they will being taxed like a rape victim and worked like a dog from 16-85. 'Kiddies shouldn't starve' is an emotional response. Not one that should be ignored because there's always room for compassion but the bigger picture IS bigger.

I want to see a massive increase in truly private charity stepping into areas government is trying and failing at. We have a glorious history of it. Miners' widows round my way were looked after by mutual associations that really worked and really cared. I'd feed a hungry kid on my street. So would my neighbours. So would you. You could afford to feed a hundred if you weren't paying for the cxnts in Westminster to go on TV and tell everyone about how they're going to feed kids.

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1