3.2 Ranger ad blue system fault

Johnsond

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Well, not according to my googling it won’t (kill the engine) however the software of the car will put it into limp mode or stop it completely.

From what I read it really seems like a very effective way of cutting harmful emissions that fill our air.

I mean, sure you can bypass them, but do you really want to?

Yes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JLA1990 said:

Did you have the dpf removed? Just had a chat with the re map guys and they have suggested that cancelling the ad blue can throw up problems with the dpf.

yeh, i just had it gutted. best way as it doesn't physically look any different 

remove it, cut it open round the side where you can't see it, strip it out so it's straight through, weld back up together and refit it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I had to have a swivel rebuilt on the Defender last week, bit of a deep breath but at least I know that's fixed. This adblue seems to be a gift that just keeps on giving!

Got a pair to do as used britpart kit and bearings, bearings are garbage, replace with timken .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PeteB said:

Bugger me! Put 20ltrs in about 1200 miles back and today the EML comes on, ablue service required! Damn!

Lol well the adblu service required and engine no start warning just disappeared one morning on mine , latest batch of lights is akin to a sensor fault I’ve had previously but with a few more add ons. Throw in some nav and reversing camera malfunctions since it’s been back from chassis swap etc the whole lot was enough for me to flip the lid with Ford customer service. Trucks back in on 29th for another full diagnostic which is just a huge pita. My gut feeling is loom is damaged somewhere which is not unheard of with the rangers in general and in particular after the chassis swap. 

3954653E-55CA-4597-855E-677E70441722.jpeg

• Sad 1