3.2 Ranger ad blue system fault

Johnsond

23 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Have you watched any of this guy ?.

He came to the conclusion most people don't really understand what, why or how things are going wrong.

Watched a few where the wiring looms were damaged and giving the intermittent ad blu faults etc 

The annoying thing is prior to chassis swap id had no grief from ad blu. The fault is random and will at times clear itself. I’ll get it back and I’ve no doubt it will be back on again soon and the ford customer services merry go round will start again. I genuinely miss my old patrol 157k of hard towing with virtually no hassles. One things for sure there will not be another Ranger being purchased by yours truly. 

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Watched a few where the wiring looms were damaged and giving the intermittent ad blu faults etc 

The annoying thing is prior to chassis swap id had no grief from ad blu. The fault is random and will at times clear itself. I’ll get it back and I’ve no doubt it will be back on again soon and the ford customer services merry go round will start again. I genuinely miss my old patrol 157k of hard towing with virtually no hassles. One things for sure there will not be another Ranger being purchased by yours truly. 

What about the latest Navara Zero problems so far .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

What about the latest Navara Zero problems so far .

What’s towing capacity Stubby, I tend to prefer a manual box and  a decent size motor rather than loads of turbo boost etc.

Edited by Johnsond

4 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

What’s towing capacity Stubby, I tend to prefer a manual box and  a decent size motor rather than loads of post etc.

Yep me too . Mine is a manual box 71 plate Nguard .  3500 towing it says . I have a " Tunit " box on mine that gives back a few of the dobbins that have been held back . Comes out at about 237HP .

• Like 1

My Navara has add blue warning issues just the same as your Ranger.

So does my uncles Citroen van, I think it is all just a scam and a load of bollocks myself.

Navara tows 3.5 ton and does so easily enough, fuel economy is brilliant if you drive sensibly and not awful if you don't. I really like mine and although I was really wanting a Hilux I am glad I didn't just because of the fuel use.

My policy on the add blue engine light thingy is just ignore it, no point paying a grand to have it fixed for a month and then back again. Still uses add blue and still tells me it needs some when it gets low. No issues whatsoever from the light being on and miraculously it goes off long enough to pass an MOT.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

So does my uncles Citroen van, I think it is all just a scam and a load of bollocks myself.

Navara tows 3.5 ton and does so easily enough, fuel economy is brilliant if you drive sensibly and not awful if you don't. I really like mine and although I was really wanting a Hilux I am glad I didn't just because of the fuel use.

My policy on the add blue engine light thingy is just ignore it, no point paying a grand to have it fixed for a month and then back again. Still uses add blue and still tells me it needs some when it gets low. No issues whatsoever from the light being on and miraculously it goes off long enough to pass an MOT.

Mine has never asked for add blue but I put some in anyway at around 5K . What mileage does yours ask for it ?

2 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Ranger goes into no engine start mode after a 500 mile countdown if you ignore it. Might try and get it deleted next. 

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

Mine has never asked for add blue but I put some in anyway at around 5K . What mileage does yours ask for it ?

No idea, I just put it in when it says. I discovered very early on that from saying it is running out to being full is about 5 litres and not a 10 litre can at all.

Recently been doing a fair bit of motorway driving on a daily basis and thought it was using a fair bit more but it's possible it was just the extra miles as it doesn't get used every day normally.