3.2 Ranger ad blue system fault

Johnsond

10 hours ago, Will C said:

A good young spotty geek with a laptop will do the whole lot, more grunt, no egr and no add blue all in the time it takes you to drink a couple of mugs of his tea 👍

Spoke to someone the other day that said eventually this ruins the engine and it will fail, as it's not designed to run without adblue.

12 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Spoke to someone the other day that said eventually this ruins the engine and it will fail, as it's not designed to run without adblue.

I would be interested to know how this could be . As far as I know add blue is approximately 70% de ionized water and 30% urea and is injected into the exhaust after the cat . 

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Oh , Ok . Still can't see how not using it would kill the engine . After all it is only squirting in occasionally any way . 

Well, not according to my googling it won’t (kill the engine) however the software of the car will put it into limp mode or stop it completely.

From what I read it really seems like a very effective way of cutting harmful emissions that fill our air.

I mean, sure you can bypass them, but do you really want to?

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Well, not according to my googling it won’t (kill the engine) however the software of the car will put it into limp mode or stop it completely.

From what I read it really seems like a very effective way of cutting harmful emissions that fill our air.

I mean, sure you can bypass them, but do you really want to?

I agree it is a very effective way of converting " nasties " into " breathables " Not knocking it at all ( I have it on my truck ) its just a poster suggested " mapping it out " which would delete the dropping into limp mode .  

• Like 1