Nordstream leak

Conor Wright

8 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Surely if I was the Russians and I wanted to sabotage my own for lack of a better word cash cow pipeline.

But It's turned off. They aren't making any money from it but they are from other means and the price of gas has just gone up. Win win there I reckon. Plus  the rest of the world has just sht itself causing a bit of panic, another win. 

8 hours ago, Johnsond said:

If I said shit you’d say sugar Dempsey.

Not every time, that would be exhausting.

But when post easily disprovable bollocks, I will point it out.

Watching BBC news right now, report on the pipeline leaks as I write.

Fwiw (very little) I can’t see why the Russians would sabotage the pipes.

All they have to do is turn the taps off to achieve the same result, why bother blowing them up or whatever?

More likely the Yanks or even the Ukrainians, they’ve most to gain.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Not every time, that would be exhausting.

But when post easily disprovable bollocks, I will point it out.

Watching BBC news right now, report on the pipeline leaks as I write.

Fwiw (very little) I can’t see why the Russians would sabotage the pipes.

All they have to do is turn the taps off to achieve the same result, why bother blowing them up or whatever?

No Dempsey it is literally at every possible opportunity, that’s the nature of the interweb I guess,not to worry Easily disproved bollocks is it ??. Newsnight 😳🤷‍♂️ may be running with it, but  main news at ten show did not even mention it !! . The coverage of it has been extremely low key, ( bearing in mind it has huge long term consequences for the EUs main economic powerhouse)  that’s a fact not bollocks. Like I tell the wife occasionally, “ you ain’t always right”.  An interesting topic that will probs go the normal bitch fest route when people can’t stand others having an opinion. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

But It's turned off. They aren't making any money from it but they are from other means and the price of gas has just gone up. Win win there I reckon. Plus  the rest of the world has just sht itself causing a bit of panic, another win. 

Turned off at the minute.

But busting it permanently removes the option of them using it as an income stream again in future.

It also removes opening it up again as a bargaining tool in any potential future Ukrainian settlement deal.

All the above assuming that it actually is catastrophically damaged as we are being told, which in itself could be complete or even partial bollocks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I am very sceptical that the Russians would do it because they don't need to when they have a tap anyway.

My own opinion is it was America or possibly a joint venture with Ukraine. 

• Like 2