Nordstream leak

Conor Wright

Just read the headlines and not sure what to think.. some obtuse type of sabotage? Submarine or military accident?  Genuine fault, or what? 

I don't get why the Russians would attack the pipeline when they could just play with the taps instead. Hardly some fisherman dragging an anchor, hardware failure?

I don't know, its above my pay grade as they say. any of the oil and gas or diving guys on here hear anything more definite? 

I'm skeptical of the narrative of russian sabotage I'm reading. Just makes no sense to me. Why kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

Gonna be chilly in Berlin this winter...

• Like 1

On 27/09/2022 at 17:52, Conor Wright said:

I'm skeptical of the narrative of russian sabotage I'm reading. Just makes no sense to me. Why kill the goose that laid the golden egg?

Make as long a list as you possibly can of all the decisions Putin has made over the last 7 months that make any kind of sense. 

Turn over the paper and use the other side as well if you need to. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't judge Putin by what we've been told about him.

How many times has it been reported that the Russian troops were on the run, loosing ground, etc.

Well they're still there!

It's always a huge mistake to brand and treat someone you don't like, or is a threat, as an idiot or a madman, you just make their job so much easier.

We'll (as in, us plebs) probably never know who bust the pipeline, any side involved in this east/west battle is well capable as they are all essentially as power hungry as each other and will stop at very little to achieve their aims.

But if you try to view it with a preset "goodies and baddies" perspective, you're probably just playing in to the hands of one side or the other from the word go.

• Like 4

The Russians have   lost alot of territory east of kharkiv recently and made no new  advances.

I follow it on here:

Not saying they have lost the war but its not going well for them.

Edited by Stere

On 27/09/2022 at 17:52, Conor Wright said:

Just read the headlines and not sure what to think.. some obtuse type of sabotage? Submarine or military accident?  Genuine fault, or what? 

I don't get why the Russians would attack the pipeline when they could just play with the taps instead. Hardly some fisherman dragging an anchor, hardware failure?

I don't know, its above my pay grade as they say. any of the oil and gas or diving guys on here hear anything more definite? 

Gonna be chilly in Berlin this winter...

From a purely technical point of view most of the route of both Nordstream 1 and 2 are within the reach of divers using either air or mixed gas practices.  The support required to utilise the latter would not be something you could sneak in and do unnoticed. There are numerous countries that have the capability of utilising manned and unmanned subsea vessels to carry out placement of charges against objects or targets( maybe now the vulnerability of the huge amount of subsea interconnecter cables and pipelines to Europe and Scandinavia needs a look at) some of the techniques used during UXO clearance ie acoustic triggering are out there and easily available commercially. What’s obvious is the fact it’s a well planned and coordinated effort which has achieved its aims quite spectacularly, although the coverage within the MSM for what is a huge event is actually quite tame seeing as we live in a world where the word crisis is  thrown about often. As for the reason why 🤷‍♂️It’s a big game being played out there and the minute you start looking out of the box you invariably incur the tin foil or moon bat one liners. One things for sure we probably know far less than we could ever imagine. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It’s not a big topic because the west isn’t receiving any gas through it for the time being. Blowing this pipeline is quite an easy task for a few nations. What’s not going to be easy is hiding the evidence of what was done, and how I’d was done and with what🤔. It’s happened in quite a relatively small area as far as the length of the two pipelines are concerned. The evidence is there on the seabed for someone to find(follow the bubbles)and analyse. It’s a big wake up call for the west because it shows how vulnerable we are with oil rigs, shipping, fuel transfer, communication cables, power production and distribution, water, food supply lines, etc. Putin doesn’t need nukes to screw the west.