Using my face on their Website & I didn't give permission.

Drew87

Never had this done to me before,, so 

Can anyone in the know, advise me on this please.? 

I've asked the No Tickets, No Clue, Idiot, to take the pics of me OFF his Website,, Since the beginning of Summer this year (around early June).. And they're still on there.

(I want nothing, todo with the guy,, & Definitely, Don't want him using my face.!

(I only subbed for him for a few days too, the cheeky Sod.!.) 

Is there anything more that can be done to make him, take these pictures taken down please.? 

Any proper advise on the matter would be highly appreciated. 

T. I. A

There's probably very little you can do from a legal point of view as you were a  subcontractor and getting paid, maybe include a clause in any of your invoices?.

Plus with it being a picture he took, obviously it's a douche bag move. But providing it's not making out your his employee, maybe in future take pictures of them to highlight the work you do for unskilled types ?.

Well I am pretty sure unless UK law has changed that pictures cannot be taken on private property (without the landowner/property owners consent)

Was this picture was taken from outside the property boundary looking into the property which you are in?

If the answer is no to my question and it was therefore taken from within the property perhaps you could contact the customer directly and ask them to request this picture not to be published?

Just a thought

Edited by Chipperclown

Regardless of legalities, getting the end clients to ask is more likely to yield fruit. It does put you in the realms of you, a subcontractor contacting clients behind the primary contractor’s back though. Especially tricky because the conversation is basically, “Remember this firm you hired? The guy’s a cowboy.”

11 minutes ago, Chipperclown said:

Well I am pretty sure unless UK law has changed that pictures cannot be taken on private property (without the landowner/property owners consent)

Was this picture was taken from outside the property boundary looking into the property which you are in?

If the answer is no to my question and it was therefore taken from within the property perhaps you could contact the customer directly and ask them to request this picture not to be published?

Just a thought

I'm not disputing it, what law is that?