Energy Bills

roboted

Energy Bills  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Come October what will your Energy ( Gas, Oil & Electric ) payments, ignoring government subsidies, be as a % of your net income

• 0-5%
    • 6-10%
    • 11-15%
    • 16-20%
    • 21% and above.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/22 at 08:08

Odd things going on here. We were moved to British gas for our electricity when our previous supplier went bust. Carried on paying our usual £94 DD a month for electricity only. They then decided to put our DD up to £200, so I cancelled it and just paid the bill instead. 2 months ago they texted to let us know they were coming round to read the meter. The following bill came in at a whopping £27. Then this past months bill just came through the door for £68. These are apparently taken from the smart meter.

We now pay approx £300 a month dd for electric with Octopus (no gas here, also spend a fair lump on oil each year). It was £250 for ever and we were always in credit, but that was there or thereabouts.

I downloaded a recent bill the other day as needed to prove my address with a utility bill - the annual projection for our electricity printed on the top was £6500!!! WTF - that isn’t anywhere near £300 x 12 (which is what we pay and what we appear to use as our balance is pretty much always zero). Not sure what the game is really?

10 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

We now pay approx £300 a month dd for electric with Octopus (no gas here, also spend a fair lump on oil each year). It was £250 for ever and we were always in credit, but that was there or thereabouts.

I downloaded a recent bill the other day as needed to prove my address with a utility bill - the annual projection for our electricity printed on the top was £6500!!! WTF - that isn’t anywhere near £300 x 12 (which is what we pay and what we appear to use as our balance is pretty much always zero). Not sure what the game is really?

How on earth do you spend so much on Electricity? I'm also on Oil but only use that this time of year first thing in the morning then its over to logs. 

Our Old Farmhouse is 200 square meters of living space and we use £150 a month and it seems like the Dishwasher, Washing machine and Tumble Dryer are never off.