women in arb - toilets

manco

I worked as a mobile tow at fitter. As soon as you turn up on the job asked would you like a cuppa. Thank you very much ask to let it out again and some of the looks I got would have cut steel. One lady said yes but make sure your clothes don’t touch the walls. Sorry the dirt was caused doing a job for you. Can’t win sometimes [emoji23]

• Like 1

Could always just keep a compost loo in van  for when it’s needed .I made one a while ago with a compostable bag so the whole thing could just be chucked in bushes if it was a no2 .makes much more sense really compared to traditional methods (flushing away good drinking water ) which now will be in short supply in not so distant future  .the system is just a plastering bucket set into a wooden chipboard frame with an opening lid and normal loo seat on the top .its perfectly useable and doesn’t stink like those nasty chemical loos found in caravans 

• Like 2

Renewed my cscs supervisors ticket in feb had discussion on this very problem ,apparently all of us employers should be providing welfare facilities on site,what ever the duration of the job, and employers includes those who have self employed subbies, the rams should be written to include the provision of facilities, even if it’s get in truck go to local public loo

Every other trade uses the customers toilet, so if i’m subbing to my sparky mate and we lay UFH we use the customers facilities (i never dry my hands on their towels though)
When doing joinery work (we build garden rooms and decks) i use their toilet. Should i not when in the same places with a chainsaw?

Obv if it’s a huge garden with a sensible discreet place i’d use that over taking boots etc off… Plus for a stinking no2 it’s drive off to a public loo

• Like 1

On 17/08/2021 at 12:27, manco said:

and cue a million sexist comments/ feminist uprising, but theres a serious issue in this, to be blunt, lets not beat about the bush, the situation in a nutshell, where do they piss?

forestry jobs, no problems. construction sites, no problems. mrs miggins back garden, uh-oh.

im talking about the smaller arb businesses, domestic jobs. 

the lads go behind a tree and hope, or its a pot and a disinfectant spray in the doorway of the van.

or do we all just go in the customers house?

Not the sharpest tool in the box are you son. Speak to your lady staff and she will guide you along 

Edited by topchippyles

20 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Not the sharpest tool in the box are you son. Speak to your lady staff and she will guide you along 

no need for the abuse, i dont have female staff. theres me and another bloke and we piss behind a bush or in the doorway of the van.

but seems i predicted right and theres always someone set to start giving abuse at any chance.

• Haha 1