Chipper theft - How long to be paid out?

Clutchy

12 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I think we forget that insurance, like many other things, is a product. Some are better and more expensive than others.

You can pay more and have quicker payout and hire reimbursement (check with your broker) or just get the cheapest and hope you never have to use it.

I heard good things about trust, they may well be. The chap we have been dealing with said they normally get this paid within a few days so hopefully is sorted this week.

@MattyF it would be ideal to buy a new ST8 again in the interim but dropping £30k without guarentee that the insurance isn't going to mess us around with payment seems risky and i don't want to settle for an inferior machine if i can help it but needs must i suppose

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

You could offer to insure with them again next year (at an agreed premium!) if they cover the hire cost. I'd be amazed if they accepted but it won't cost you much to ask.

So you have already paid for insurance cover and your item gets pinched and you suggest to insure with them again ? Insure what as nothing to cover. Not even paid out on this one yet 

I heard good things about trust, they may well be. The chap we have been dealing with said they normally get this paid within a few days so hopefully is sorted this week.

@MattyF it would be ideal to buy a new ST8 again in the interim but dropping £30k without guarentee that the insurance isn't going to mess us around with payment seems risky and i don't want to settle for an inferior machine if i can help it but needs must i suppose

Second hand with low hours with these new restricted engines .... would be my choice any way.

1 hour ago, Clutchy said:

Just checked, there's a list of exemptions about 3 pages long covering every possible get out. 

There's no reimbursement for hire, ergo, no inclination to speed up the process. 

I suppose until you've had a claim its hard to find out exactly what you want and need from a policy. 

Although i suspect most policies exempt anything that is helpful.

Insurance companies in the UK have one goal...  make the share holders money.

It seems they will do everything in their power to get out of paying.  I have had a couple of bad experiences in the past with insurance companies.

I hope you get paid out soon.

19 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Wasn't Mark with Trust when his chipper got nicked a while back, or have I made that up? He maybe able to shed some light on how long it took to get paid out. @Mark Bolam

I was with Arborisk mate.

They paid out pretty sharply, within about 3 weeks.

We did have a well-documented row about the value of the machine.

Their version of a ‘new for old’ policy, which I paid extra for, was what I’d paid new for the machine 10 years earlier!

Small print read, lesson learned.

Big lesson which cost me £5k.

Can’t fault them for communication and response though.

The big thing is they didn’t rip the arse out of my premium next time around.

Hope you get a quick resolution Clutchy, although C19 seems to be a convenient excuse these days.