Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

1 hour ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Scotland and Norway aren't in danger of water shortage, unlike many other countries today

not married - too many weird habits, no one wants me. I must change, or die a lonely man

So your suggestions are not aimed at us? Have you thought about telling those that actually need to heed your sage advice your thoughts on the matter? 

4 hours ago, Timbermcpherson said:

In the week before our lockdown we had less than 10 new cases a day being found, and they were coming in from all over the world,  The USA, Iran and europe etc as well as china

When that figure started to increase (you know when there was evidence) she put NZ in lockdown. 

World leaders could make one of 2 hard decisions

Save the economy but kill off people

Save the people but kill the economy

Most leaders seem to have tried to do both, and have failed to save either.

We have had to date, 21 deaths here. 

And Jacinda nationally has a 90% approval rating for her handling of the pandemic. Maybe her timing wasnt perfect but she did better than most world leaders I can think of. Not a failure

The "Free money" I gave to my staff, along with the money I paid them. I had paid a tax bill many times greater than that I had paid a month earlier so it was swings and roundabouts.

How many are going to die waiting for operations?Chemo,suicide,domestic violence etc?

The death toll in NZ from the common flu is 500 per annum.

What Magic Cindy did was the financial equivalent of Chernobyl for the New Zealand economy. She is after the lowest death toll from Covid so it makes her look good on the world stage.The surge of deaths in the months/ years after won't be reported by the lefty media, especially in the wake of the hand out they received.

Anyhow,I chose to leave New Zealand to actually make money doing treework.Making decent coin in the aftermath of the current government's "loan-a-rama" is going to be a distant memory.

• Like 3

Yes, you should. And let the Golfers Golf in peace. 

Exactly how I feel about our fishing club , lots of people using it like it’s a recreation ground ,I have no bother with the locals using it but there are people who are clearly not... god help us if England ever gets the right to roam crap Scotland has.
  • Like 2

But expecting town dwellers, who may be living in flats or terrace houses with no gardens, to use overcrowded urban green spaces isn't?
 The county side is the birth right of us all. No just the preserve of those wealthy enough to live there.
 The idea that you are going to catch covid passing someone on a narrow path, is just more hysteria. If that were true cases would have continued to grow, as spread in supermarkets would be out of control.

Bollocks Dave , you have not seen that foot path , metre wide for most of it and 200 + people from town coming in and using it sweating there bollox and rubbing past people is hardly social distancing , not great for the environment folk pissing and crapping in hedges with no facilities open , not good to have these people then go in to shops that people in the community are using to survive to get a drink of water after there walk... then there are dick heads coming in to keilder wild camping and having fires ... we have had no rain for months so that’s hardly a great idea, but that’s ok it’s there right , fuck every one else and let the whole lot burn hey ... then I’ve got people walking through my yard with there dogs off leads which offends me after loosing ten sheep to inconsiderate town dwelling idiots who think that’s except-able... then they are going through our gates which we have to open and my partner being a carer has to isolate for her clients so has to double think about what she is touching constantly as so does any one else in this house hold, as I really don’t want the deaths of vulnerable people on my conscious.
But fuck it hey as long as they are not bored...
I will say it one more time , if people could actually do as they where asked in the first place we would not of had lock down... now we have all lost out just so people can continue there jolly boys outings putting others at risk.
  • Like 15

On 21/05/2020 at 09:45, Rob D said:

Have you done much research on this? I have done a bit... [around 2-3 hours]. 1) They don't know the numbers of how many were killed with any accuracy 2) the first wave was not that fatal [1-2% mortality] the second was like a different illness altogether and killed very fast with a mortality of around 20%.

So I thought about that - the second wave gave a much higher mortality rate with very different symptoms. Hmmmm - maybe the second wave was a completely different illness to the first! Also this was at a time where troops were packed on ships and sent to all sorts of places around the world which was the main source of spread.

If we get something like this second wave - we are pretty screwed. But since 1918 we haven't much worried about it... it's always been a threat yet we have have managed to live with this threat since 1918. COVID is nothing like what this illness named Spanish Flu [but the illness that killed millions was nothing like the flu so not a great name for it].

I think you may have wasted 2-3 hours of your life there. I've just wasted an hour of mine reading admit it.? Obviously they won't know the exact numbers but 50-100 million is nothing to be sneezed at shirly.

The second wave was the same strain as far as they know as some clever fucker mentioned a mutation would take time to spread which isn't what happened. Within a very short space of time a lot of people died across the globe from the Spanish flu, which they reckon originated in Asia as do most of these flu type things apparently.

Im just glad to see a lot of people putting themselves forward as human guinea pigs and taking one for the team last weekend. God bless you all. If in two weeks there isn't a major spike in infections then I will pop round to the neighbors for a cup of sugar, and say a little prayer for you, cheers.

Pleas don't anyone whinge at the credibility of the video as we all know this type of thing happened across the UK in some form.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Pleas don't anyone whinge at the credibility of the video as we all know this type of thing happened across the UK in some form.

It is really not difficult to use a telephoto lens and make a beach that may be a mile or two long look crowded.  OK we can see there are lots of people on the beach, but does that mean they are not social distancing?  It would be interesting to see drone footage from above to show how far apart those people really are.  

It is worth remembering the internet is full of twisted stories and click bait.  I think a beach is a perfect place to visit in lockdown, and as long as you respect people's personal space and don't start breaking the rules the risks are probably much less than shopping at Tesco.

My family would love to spend a day at a beach, and living in South Wales we are quite near to many enormous beaches, but we aren't allowed to.  Apparently it is safer to walk along local roads with no pavements, or cycle with two young kids on narrow lanes.

Edited by Squaredy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

It is really not difficult to use a telephoto lens and make a beech that may be a mile or two long look crowded.  OK we can see there are lots of people on the beech, but does that mean they are not social distancing?  It would be interesting to see drone footage from above to show how far apart those people really are.  

It is worth remembering the internet is full of twisted stories and click bait.  I think a beech is a perfect place to visit in lockdown, and as long as you respect people's personal space and don't start breaking the rules the risks are probably much less than shopping at Tesco.

My family would love to spend a day at a beech, and living in South Wales we are quite near to many enormous beaches, but we aren't allowed to.  Apparently it is safer to walk along local roads with no pavements, or cycle with two young kids on narrow lanes.

Looks like you have the same bullshit in place as Scotland 

All evidence points to open spaces being the safest. In reality I’m starting to basically ignore Sturgeon and her control freak guidance. Common sense and taking precautions goes a long way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

It is really not difficult to use a telephoto lens and make a beech that may be a mile or two long look crowded.  OK we can see there are lots of people on the beech, but does that mean they are not social distancing?  It would be interesting to see drone footage from above to show how far apart those people really are.  

It is worth remembering the internet is full of twisted stories and click bait.  I think a beech is a perfect place to visit in lockdown, and as long as you respect people's personal space and don't start breaking the rules the risks are probably much less than shopping at Tesco.

My family would love to spend a day at a beech, and living in South Wales we are quite near to many enormous beaches, but we aren't allowed to.  Apparently it is safer to walk along local roads with no pavements, or cycle with two young kids on narrow lanes.

Sorry what are you taking about? Telephoto lens what? Have you been outside lately and seen that social distancing doesnt apply to a hell of a lot of people. I would say they are selfish but tbh I think it's because they are lazy cnts that just  cba. 

See lots of them when shopping, usually fat and greasy looking. If they don't care about themselves then they sure as fck won't care about you.

If anyone is going to get a rude awakening then hopefully it's them.

• Like 3