Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

10 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

You sound quite justifiably proud of the success your Company enjoys.

You are not the guy I thought you were, apologies for the assumption.I mixed you up with a fella from Dunedin.

No worries! 

I did visit Dunedin a while back and met a few arbs down there. Its pretty cut throat for tree work rates. From memory they were charging only a little more per day for 3 guys than we would for 2 and even the well established companies were still struggling to grow.

I think the issue is that for the population, average house hold income is low and to many arborists are being trained there and doing cash work for student beer money and its dragging the whole industry down to unsustainable levels. 

And now with the brakes on tourism due to the lockdown, its not going to be any better

Edited by Timbermcpherson
  • Sad 1

We were in Aldi's yesterday, no customers wore masks nor gloves, social distancing in place though. They have a new rule about bagging up. You can't! Food goes back in trolley/basket until after payment then you can bag it up away from the tills! I asked why thinking I'd get an explanation. Cashier said that's the rule. So that's me told!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sutton said:

We were in Aldi's yesterday, no customers wore masks nor gloves, social distancing in place though. They have a new rule about bagging up. You can't! Food goes back in trolley/basket until after payment then you can bag it up away from the tills! I asked why thinking I'd get an explanation. Cashier said that's the rule. So that's me told!

Sounds like they're using C-19 to hammer as much folk through the tills as they possibly can. It was bad enough in there before, feck that. 

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

What kind of weirdo eats bagels? They're failed chewy doughnuts.

When I used to work nights in London many years ago, an 04.30 Sunday morning visit to the Brick Lane Beigel Bake would show you a whole range of society from clubbers to hookers to shift workers, all queuing patiently for their salt beef or smoked salmon and cream cheese. Food of the Gods. you heathen! ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished the sun morn political shows and apart from the media hype regarding Dom and his travel plans etc which quite frankly no one gives a shit about, the overriding impression I got was of politicians trying to convince us that we must do as we are told due to the ongoing public heath crisis ?‍♂️. The facts and figures though do not now justify the current measures especially in Scotland which has apparently now got one of Europe’s longest lockdowns. The economic  and financial crisis seems to be totally Irrelevant to the devolved Scottish government. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

When I used to work nights in London many years ago, an 04.30 Sunday morning visit to the Brick Lane Beigel Bake would show you a whole range of society from clubbers to hookers to shift workers, all queuing patiently for their salt beef or smoked salmon and cream cheese. Food of the Gods. you heathen! ?

For me it was a burger stand in Smithfield Market and down to the Tavern for 7.15am.

Not every day you understand...

• Like 1