Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

14 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

How dare you!

Krankie..thumb.jpg.f439bd0ee94e15d86645b6c447021b45.jpg

As much as I understand the desire to  protect  people I truly do not think she neither  realises or cares about the damage this is doing to people’s economic and mental wellbeing, I know from my own experience that the financial stress is starting to take its toll and that my kids are desperate to get back to school. 

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

As much as I understand the desire to  protect  people I truly do not think she neither  realises or cares about the damage this is doing to people’s economic and mental wellbeing, I know from my own experience that the financial stress is starting to take its toll and that my kids are desperate to get back to school. 

Couldn't agree more - she is gambling with our long-term future (on many issues) in the hope of scoring a political point

Just now, Johnsond said:

The SNP dont have to pay a penny towards the cost of furloughing the vast majority of the population. So the longer people are getting free money the better she'll look and the worse the repercussions will be for the UK as a whole. When it comes a time to put the tax up to repay all this she'll just point the finger at the Tories and say its all their fault, vote SNP. :D 

Its a cynical political play on her part and nothing else. Messing with peoples lives and livelihoods for stupid games. She really boils my piss. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

The SNP dont have to pay a penny towards the cost of furloughing the vast majority of the population. So the longer people are getting free money the better she'll look and the worse the repercussions will be for the UK as a whole. When it comes a time to put the tax up to repay all this she'll just point the finger at the Tories and say its all their fault, vote SNP. :D 

Its a cynical political play on her part and nothing else. Messing with peoples lives and livelihoods for stupid games. She really boils my piss. 

Today’s brief by her was a total and utter insult to people’s intelligence Andy. The patronising rubbish that  was coming out of her mouth was disgusting, worse still was none of the questions by the media representatives contained anything that even remotely held her to account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really agree with this fellow - and I could not have put it half so well... This sort of attitude and ability to communicate really does make me proud to be born in and be a part of this country.

All the more authentic coming from someone who is technically in a vulnerable group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rob D said:

I really agree with this fellow - and I could not have put it half so well... This sort of attitude and ability to communicate really does make me proud to be born in and be a part of this country.

All the more authentic coming from someone who is technically in a vulnerable group.

The Lock-down should become entirely voluntary. It is up to us, not the state to decide what risks we are going to take with our own bodies. You can voluntarily self-isolate. You dont have to go into the streets or the shops. Those that feel vulnerable can self-isolate and those that want to get on with it can.

Somewhat paraphrased but I agree with him in the entirety of what he says. And have been saying the same myself for a while now. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob D said:

All the more authentic coming from someone who is technically in a vulnerable group

Yes but he doesn't believe he is vulnerable even if he is of an age, but then neither did Boris.

I actually do not disagree with him about risk taking and I think the treatments have evolved that people hospitalised with it now are likely to stand more chance than at the beginning. Trouble is I think there is worse to come as the disease has hardly started on the population yet.

Absolute total selfish bollox.. people going out in to isolated communities because they think they have the right to do what they want have really shown what total (nuts people can be.
I had a fella telling me this week it has brought out the best in people .. in some ways yes but all I have seen is people using it as an excuse to push there own agendas, political or opinions , showing how they don’t give a damn by taking as much as they can for them selves ,going and doing things they should not and ignoring any advice or guidelines as they think they are superior .. sad thing is this virus is something that will never go away and probably has changed human society for ever and this is only just the start.