Lock Down?

5 shires

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Sure there is. Don't go to work. :) 

Option 1:  Single person per vehicle, stays local, lots of distance between co-workers, lots of air circulation, self employed gets paid for being at work, doesn’t get paid if don’t go to work. 

Option 2: Takes a plane to another country mixing in close proximity with untold numbers of people, breathing re-circ air, potentially spreads infection across international borders (assumption) is employed so gets paid anyway.....

Just for the record mucker, which option did you choose?

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Kent Arboreal said:

After much thought im going to be keeping going. ..........
Sanitise regularlyor a day on the beach on Sunday and got us all grounded. Overcrowded city full of twats.

.....no argument from me there ! Tho' am finding my rounds much easier without the clart of idiot commuters / tourists barring my way now.  K

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Option 1:  Single person per vehicle, stays local, lots of distance between co-workers, lots of air circulation, self employed gets paid for being at work, doesn’t get paid if don’t go to work. 

Option 2: Takes a plane to another country mixing in close proximity with untold numbers of people, breathing re-circ air, potentially spreads infection across international borders (assumption) is employed so gets paid anyway.....

Just for the record mucker, which option did you choose?

As of today Ive been told Im most likely getting furloughed. Which means Im not getting laid off, but till things blow over I'd no longer be getting paid. I dont think I qualify for the Norwegian Dole as I think you have to live in Country. I wont qualify for anything in the UK either. I can go home or remain in isolation here. So not sure what I'll do. Either way, I think right now its best to respect the lock-down, here in a hotølel room or at my home as I want this shit-show to be over with and it seems like the only way to do that is to follow the strict self-isolation guidelines. 

Edited by trigger_andy

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Either way, I think right now its best to respect the lock-down, here in a hotølel room or at my home as I want this shit-show to be over with and it seems like the only way to do that is to follow the strict self-isolation guidelines. 

So you sit it out for the rest of your quarantine, get cleared to travel home and have to start a quarantine as you have to assume you have become infected travelling but your wife is vulnerable and needs shielding, rock or hard place.

Just now, openspaceman said:

So you sit it out for the rest of your quarantine, get cleared to travel home and have to start a quarantine as you have to assume you have become infected travelling but your wife is vulnerable and needs shielding, rock or hard place.

About sums it up. 

Or maybe I'll not get furloughed and can work. We'll see how it pans out. 

1 hour ago, Kent Arboreal said:

If you’re gonna catch it it’s gonna be at the supermarket. All the small businesses round here have started delivery services so we’re getting meat from the butchers veg from the greengrocers beer direct from the brewery in town (that’s an essential )

That paragraph proves you understand fuck all about cross contamination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Billhook said:

Just had a whatsapp from a Chinese friend of mine,  she was brought up in Shandong, left for Uk in 1990s and still has many

friends and family in China.  She says that the Chinese government lie about everything and that the true death toll is over eight million in China

It wouldn’t surprise me.

One of my old friends and housemates is from Hong Kong and moved back there a few years ago.

I contacted him when the news from China first broke.  iIRC they had claimed 20000 infections.  His comment was if they have got to the stage that they feel they need to tell the world the figure will be 10* that.

Could explain why Hong Kong has such low cases...  they shut the border and implemented lockdown straight away.  They have a history of lack of trust.

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

I’m not envious of your situation! Two are bad enough! The pain is savage, and continuous. I had pain in my left one to start with, but the real pain is above my tackle. The GP prodded and probed me and my god did I know about it. 

For now they aren't really bothering me. I think the left one gets a bit sore when I've been doing heavy lifting, but that isn't a usual occurrence for me these days.

My dad has had both sides of his groin done and has the umbilical hernia now so I guess it's a genetic trait. 

I think I might have done the umbilical one while snowboarding last year taking a heavy heel edge catch.