Lock Down?

5 shires

The Chinese Party in power have a habit of extraditing people from Hong Kong to the mainland, never to be seen or heard of again.

There is a level of mistrust between the Cantonese and Mandarin people.

I agree about the US though.  Half of them think that the tin foil hat will protect them.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

As of today Ive been told Im most likely getting furloughed. Which means Im not getting laid off, but till things blow over I'd no longer be getting paid. I dont think I qualify for the Norwegian Dole as I think you have to live in Country. I wont qualify for anything in the UK either. I can go home or remain in isolation here. So not sure what I'll do. Either way, I think right now its best to respect the lock-down, here in a hotølel room or at my home as I want this shit-show to be over with and it seems like the only way to do that is to follow the strict self-isolation guidelines. 

If you hadn’t minced off out of country I probably could have lashed you up for a few days as a brash monkey ?

Might keep the wolf from the door ?

I do recall being stranded in Tromso for 2 months back in 2001 After we ran aground though - definitely worse places to get stuck!  

Beautiful women ?

• Haha 1

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If you hadn’t minced off out of country I probably could have lashed you up for a few days as a brash monkey ?

Might keep the wolf from the door ?

I do recall being stranded in Tromso for 2 months back in 2001 After we ran aground though - definitely worse places to get stuck!  

Beautiful women ?

I still have my Bandsaw Mill and a few folk wanting stuff milled so could make a wee bit of cash if I had to. Im really hoping that this lock-down period works, people respect it and we can all get back to it again asap. I guess I'll get more info the morn to see if Im getting furloughed. If the Platforms here start running a skeleton crew Im buggered till thats lifted.

Still have my Charger though, could flog that if needed, but we'll see how things pan out. 

Brash dragging sounds fun . :D Id not turn my nose up at any work if it came to it. So appreciate the offer. :) 

Yeh, stunning woman here. Could not marry one though, pain in the bloody arse. :D 

• Haha 1

He problem is Andy if you need to sell your charger because there is no work no other bugger will have the cash to buy it. [emoji22]

Give ya a fiver Andy! You’ll av to deliver it though, i’m not allowed out! [emoji13]

• Haha 3

Dont think you will be going any where after Thursday as fines are to be issued and so they should, as the only way to stop the spread of covid-19 is to make people stay at home, and just keep every one away from each other,

Do i have to stop holding hands with Ting Tong on settee if i’m staying home mucker?

10 hours ago, Billhook said:

I have three doctor friends who have rather worryingly taken early retirement.  Pressure of general practice, long hours and form filling. 

If I put you in charge of the health service, what changes would you make to improve the environment for doctors and nurses?

Very difficult to know where to begin. I will throw a few random comments in as they enter my head:

1) Appraisal system is useless aka "not fit for purpose". The majority of decent doctors spend too long worrying about and preparing for it, while the few bad apples are slick at selling themselves on paper. One year I had to tick a box to confirm that I am honest! WTF?

2) A major problem is ever moving goalposts - targets to meet being changed every few months, guidelines changing far too quickly. The culture of "constant change".

3) As a partner in general practice, ie the old fashioned way, rather than a salaried assistant, employed by other gp's, I have always been paid adequately for my work, and in some years very well indeed. I don't think pay is an issue.

4) Not enough time per patient appointment to sort things out properly.

5) Increasing amounts of work that were hospital based (secondary care) being moved over to GP (primary care), but without the funding following the extra workload. By this I do mean funding, no pay. For example, a practice can do a lot more if it has the funding to take on an extra nurse/nurse practitioner/practice based physio etc.

6) The reluctance of so many in society to be realistic in their expectations of what can be achieved, particularly with the frail elderly. 

7) The lack of continuity of care. When I was a young new GP it was not uncommon to give your home number to the family of a terminally ill patient in the community during the last few weeks of the illness. That just doesn't happen now due to workload and burnout sadly.

? Chronic underfunding of the NHS. I use to think this was not the case, until my wife (also a GP) learnt that for years the UK had spent a smaller proportion of GDP on the NHS than most other European countries.

9) The need, perceived need, to practice defensive medicine - overinvestigation of many patients to rule out any possible litigation. 

Etcetera...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, maybelateron said:

? Chronic underfunding of the NHS. I use to think this was not the case, until my wife (also a GP) learnt that for years the UK had spent a smaller proportion of GDP on the NHS than most other European countries.

Don't know how that emoticon got to replace number 8.

1 hour ago, Toad said:

The WHO visited China and said they found no evidence of their figures being under reported. Statistically the data from China shows that places like the USA are not reporting cases, probably due to not testing.

Was that Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey  ?

• Haha 5