Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

It’s a commercial horsey farm place (stud farm? What’s the word). Anyhow they are nice people, only a young couple making a go of things and freely admit it’s got out of hand this year- so hard to find labour and they’ve just had their second kid. To be fair the horses are all clean, they haven’t skimped on straw and if it was cows people wouldn’t bat an eyelid.  

back there today, hoping to get it all done and dusted! Can’t believe some of the lumps little Sherpa was lifting. She was made for this kind of thing. 

IMG_1752.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

IMG_1754.jpeg

• Like 2

this is the main difference between a Sherpa/cast and a kanga. A kanga won’t clear a tipper transit, let alone this gate. 

got my 15 year old Friday boy on the Multione and tipper today. I’m staying in the dry in the shed. He’s loving it 

IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Stihl123 said:

mucking out is actually weirdly satisfying 

20230414_193826.jpg

20230414_195543.jpg

With a machine possibly🤔,  having cleaned out the stalls in cow kennels I can assure you there’s no way it’s weirdly satisfying or any other type of satisfying? It’s a shit job😳

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dan blocker said:

With a machine possibly🤔,  having cleaned out the stalls in cow kennels I can assure you there’s no way it’s weirdly satisfying or any other type of satisfying? It’s a shit job😳

yes, obviously with a machine 

i wasn't referring to cows, they are filthy!! 

• Haha 1

Ah, 'fond' memories of half a week spent camped out in the bathroom after getting splattered with slurry whilst cleaning out a cattle shed, wasn't worth leaving the bathroom as I only had a few minutes between either upward or downward bodily evacuations! Mucking out horses is definitely a nicer experience.

27 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Ah, 'fond' memories of half a week spent camped out in the bathroom after getting splattered with slurry whilst cleaning out a cattle shed, wasn't worth leaving the bathroom as I only had a few minutes between either upward or downward bodily evacuations! Mucking out horses is definitely a nicer experience.

Didn't affect me internally but the dose of ringworm  didn't succumb to the tar based ointment the old school doctor prescribed, luckily his understudy prescribed a systemic drug taken orally and that cured it. I only lost the hair on my arms but the boss ended up with half a brazilian.

• Haha 2