Gamechangers in the industry

Mick Dempsey

Dare I say: the eventual positive acceptance of females and NB's into the Arb industry.
Well, it changed my life anyway...
Definitely, someone has to feed the blokes at lunchtime [emoji39]

Only joking, my little arb girl would hurt me for saying that, some fantastic female arborists showing how it's done now.
  • Haha 2

A negative one is probably the battery powered angle grinder. I reckon that has certainly changed things for the worst.

Unless I missed it why hasnt the 020T been mentioned? It has to be the biggest/earliest leap forward for arbs.

I can agree with the mention of three strand rope, that stuff was awful to say the least. Big advances in chainsaw trousers over the years, I do have to laugh when customers think todays PPE is heavy. :)

I think the zigzag would be the major game changer for me, how anyone is still using a prussik loop baffles me but we still sell hundreds of these a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned the petrol blower.

IMO, turns a tidy finished worksite into the customers garden/drive cleaner than it was when you started.

Good shout. And the step up from handheld to backpack blower is also massive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Good shout. And the step up from handheld to backpack blower is also massive.

step down you mean, nothin beats picking a blower up and putting it down without the rigmoroll of faffing to get it on an off every two minutes...  

• Like 2