Telegraph pole removal

swinny

Hi there, 

Anyone know anything about removing telegraph poles from domestic gardens? 

Looked at a job where the telephone line has been moved to help with an extension that is being built. The line now goes to the house from a different pole. The people now have this pole in their garden and want it removing so building extension works can continue......

Heard bt want a hefty price for the removal of the pole £2000.00 .... why is this? just cost of them getting in the correct people? or are there other factors behind the scenes that need dealing with also? do they still own the pole and it should be maintained in place? the people have paid for the line to be re routed.... so the pole is now not needed for any reason.

Cheers

Edited by swinny

59 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Normally if a pole is in some ones garden they would get a rental fee off the owner electric/phone company ect so i would make a phone call to BT with the pole number which will be on the pole some where and just enquire about it first. 

Yep, I had one with a way leave, (whatever that means) but when I had a BT standing charge they did away with it and had access to it 24/7/365. The only bloke that went near it in my time there was a member here.

18 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Be aware there is often a cross-piece underground, so try in to rip it out will pull up an awful lot of sod. Dig down half metre n saw it off. K

Never seen 1 with cross piece, bt just put a strap around them and lift out with hiab 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Never seen 1 with cross piece, bt just put a strap around them and lift out with hiab 

Believe me , I had guy in garden with 360 digger on a pole I had felled, I was gonna get it stump ground but he said pull it out - quite a mess . K