Pikeys and professionals.

29 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I just can't help myself with some little old lady though! 

(Maybe I should clarify that before Mark jumps in)

I think you should behave -in yr condition, can't have the Old dear's  young east European home help finding you like that.......? ;) what am I saying ! K

I m not too bothered about them competing with me, what does bother me is they are doing it with the chipper and the many chainsaws and other pieces of tree kit that the fuckers have taken off me over the years.
I spend every night with a live picture of my barn and property on my iPad at my bedside waiting to catch the thieving bastards,

• Like 4

I m not too bothered about them competing with me, what does bother me is they are doing it with the chipper and the many chainsaws and other pieces of tree kit that the fuckers have taken off me over the years.
I spend every night with a live picture of my barn and property on my iPad at my bedside waiting to catch the thieving bastards,
Can't help thinking that there's some scrote out there using the long reach trimmer I had stolen from the basket of the cherrypicker last week. Hope he slips and cuts his throat with it.
Guts of a grand that I'll have to lay out in the new year.
having read this whole thread, there seems to be three distinct groups. the cowboys, who Rob and con to get their money. the "must tick every box" type, who will have all the tickets, memberships and accreditations, but will still need to build up some experience before they can tackle all jobs safely. and lastly, the grafter type, who may not have all the paperwork, but has the knowledge and or a natural ability to understand the job in hand.
just because you have all the tickets doesn't mean you have all the answers.
just because you are years in the business but not certified doesn't make you a conman. But how's the average tree owner to differentiate?
One last thing that I feel the need to say is the use of the term "pikey". it's a term that used to be reserved for those who dropped their pikes and ran from the English soldiers in the rebellion of 1798. Not all of these people went on to become "tinkers" many had no relationship to the travellers.
There were travellers before there were pikeys The "Irish travellers" are a group oft related to the gypsies found across europe. They have even managed to achieve minority status over here, based on their ethnic status.
The term pikey has become a coverall for thieves and conmen. These people are not "pikeys"
please do not confuse a group of frightened boys and men from yesterday with a group of entitled thieves from today. I still hate the thieving cunts, just know who you hate.
  • Like 3