Pikeys and professionals.

3 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

My opinion, jail like every other thieving scumbag

totally - I don't care what they charge or how they work, but they are just known for clubbing together and encouraging each other to steal. Someone out doing work with machines they've nicked, or bought knowing they're nicked - those people are pathetic excuses for human beings. The human nervous system isn't capable of producing enough pain to adequately punish them

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I reckon you’re right.

9 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I'm wondering why you started the thread then? O.o

Lost plenty of jobs to proper rogue traders, no one can compete on price with those types and if that's all the customer is after (low price) then there is no chance.

My opinion, jail like every other thieving scumbag,  but since the police dont seem to be able to do anything about thieves there's no chance we can.

I started it to get opinion on the unqualified sector from the bone fide arborists out there. I don’t think there’s enough control of this trade in the UK. As the above post shows.

5 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

totally - I don't care what they charge or how they work, but they are just known for clubbing together and encouraging each other to steal. Someone out doing work with machines they've nicked, or bought knowing they're nicked - those people are pathetic excuses for human beings. The human nervous system isn't capable of producing enough pain to adequately punish them

Top man. Someone gets the point of the post.

8 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

You are aware there is no legal requirement for certification and insurance right? As long as one is registered for tax in this sector technically one is a bone-fide trader. In UK Employer Liability is required, not in Ireland. Just saying.

Absolutely I’m fully qualified and insured and endorsed.

but your statement is everything that wrong in the trade.

2 minutes ago, Gaz-exRM said:

Absolutely I’m fully qualified and insured and endorsed.

but your statement is everything that wrong in the trade.

My clients, who range from low-income pensioners to some of the wealthiest people in Ireland, would disagree. I know you're really talking about pikeys, and I sympathise with your view in that respect, but I feel you are tarring all casuals with the same brush. Your comment reeks of elitism.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

My clients, who range from low-income pensioners to some of the wealthiest people in Ireland, would disagree. I know you're really talking about pikeys, and I sympathise with your view in that respect, but I feel you are tarring all casuals with the same brush. Your comment reeks of elitism.

It comes across that way I’ll agree. And I agree with you also. You can’t buy experience from hard graft. And guys like yourself are mega important in any trade. Any licence issuer (hypothetical) would look at your record in the industry and endorse you with confidence. So yes I’ve written a crap statement. I do mean the dangerous percentage. Dangerous to themselves and the public.

10 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

I went to a job last week to finish off after a serious accident. The blokes were total cowboys. The injured bloke had cut his arm half off with a 440 and couldn’t be helped or retrieved by his mates. The big old birch was covered in claret. The property owner had been blagged big time. The police are involved also.

Thats what flicked my switch.