Top Tips: Winter Warmers.

Yournamehere

I just mixed a tin of tuna - fluffed up/flaked with a fork - into a tin of heinz tomato soup, in a pint mug.

Microwaved for 2m 30.

Hits.

The.

Spot.

I reckon it would take a drop of Worcester or Tabasco sauce if you wanted to supercharge it; but even without, is definitely one for the flask now it's getting cold and damp.

Happy Days.

Yourn :) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just dressing well really. 

A couple of winters ago I spent a lot of time out fishing (and intermittently for the rest of my life) and you soon figure out your layering when you're not moving and it's below freezing. Long johns x 2, down trousers and waterproof overtrousers on the bottom half and a repetition on the top with a couple of jumpers thrown in. Nothing worse than being cold. 

It'll be my first winter on the forwarder this year, but I can't see it being an issue. It doesn't really get cold in Devon and the forwarder generates a bit of heat from the engine and hydraulics which takes the edge off.

• Like 2

So here's a handy hint... don't hold in that piss, go and let it all out, and you'll be loads warmer. Any idea how much energy it takes to keep a couple of pints of piss at 37 degrees? Bloody loads. Bleed your radiator as often as you need to, and that energy can be spent keeping your joie de vivre burning instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, peds said:

So here's a handy hint... don't hold in that piss, go and let it all out, and you'll be loads warmer. Any idea how much energy it takes to keep a couple of pints of piss at 37 degrees? Bloody loads. Bleed your radiator as often as you need to, and that energy can be spent keeping your joie de vivre burning instead.

If you pee in a wide mouth plastic bottle, then put the bottle down your front under your base layer, you can even reclaim some of those BTUs ! ??

Edited by Haironyourchest