Top Tips: Winter Warmers.

Yournamehere

16 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Anyone here ever tried wearing a wetsuit to work under their clothes? I expect you'd want to talcum power up first, with a set of spandex pants and top as well.

They can't touch you for it ! :D

• Haha 1

SORRY lads proberbly get slated for this, but if your cold in the arb & forestry buisness your not doing enough ? to much standing about and you will go cold dont seem to suffer my self much, but keep myself going only problem i have is when in shed splitting logs my feet get cold but thats with not moving about much,photos below is of one lad who works with me not a lot of clothing on and as you can see not the warmest of days but i cant remember any one moaning about being cold, more than likely felt colder on way home in truck than out there working,

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

SORRY lads proberbly get slated for this, but if your cold in the arb & forestry buisness your not doing enough ? to much standing about and you will go cold dont seem to suffer my self much, but keep myself going only problem i have is when in shed splitting logs my feet get cold but thats with not moving about much,photos below is of one lad who works with me not a lot of clothing on and as you can see not the warmest of days but i cant remember any one moaning about being cold, more than likely felt colder on way home in truck than out there working,

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

Keeping warm while climbing in the winter is difficult. Cold winds for example are worse aloft 

you can’t wear to much otherwise movement is impaired.

Plus if you’re rigging a tree down , half the time you’re waiting for the groundies

sometimes minus 15 here in Berlin.

No need to be cold nowadays.

if you have the right clothing.

Or should we copy what Wim Hof does.

Start warm... lived in the Alps for 3 winters so pretty used to cold weather. Found if i kept my outer gear in the flat and warm i stayed warm. getting out of a toasty truck, then changing into kit that’s chilly just drops your body tempt.
down jackets for the truck offloading (too fragile for working) and talking with the owner. decent single layer gloves, latex ones will make your hands sweaty if your not careful which softens the skin and leads to easier nicks and cuts.

2 hours ago, Darrin Turnbull said:

Keeping warm while climbing in the winter is difficult. Cold winds for example are worse aloft 

you can’t wear to much otherwise movement is impaired.

Plus if you’re rigging a tree down , half the time you’re waiting for the groundies

sometimes minus 15 here in Berlin.

No need to be cold nowadays.

if you have the right clothing.

Or should we copy what Wim Hof does.

i fully understand the waiting for groundie and as i aint climbed for a living but done a lot of roofing in years gone by i know where your comming from as you only need to be 15-20ft up and all protection from buildings has gone, and groundies when rigging down you should not really waiting for them ? 2 arb crews i work with now and then could not be any more different to what they are one crew climber up tree lad on lowering gear is the co owner and things move fairly quickly climber is not waiting much and the other crew well everything seems to take a life time like you cant start chipper till we have a big heap and we have been working round it for an hour and the main groundie has to be told everything but thats what you get for £60 a day,

33 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Main groundie...
Has to be told everything...
£60 a day...
I'll say no more.

he is a good lad to get on with, he trys hard , he is reliable, but a bit slow on the up take not with one or two things but all, he is very willing to do any thing you give him to do no matter where it is or what it is, but £60 a day is about all he is worth, but its like he says if i only work 2 days a wk i am twice as better off as being on job seekers, 

• Like 1