Is anyone using an American pickup for residential tree work?

Dbikeguy

Yeah probably not something as big as that duelly twin wheeler thing!
Insurance didn’t look too bad, f150/250 even older dodge ram 1500 have bigger beds, more space inside and can tow 3t easily plus appear to be stronger built than European trucks.
With ebay etc sourcing parts shouldn’t be hard these days.

cheers for the info guys!

I looked into these before I bought a v8 Range Rover and remember something about gross train weights being not as good if you keep it legal. They’re awesome bits of kit and easily plated for 5-8t trailers in the states but I’m sure with the mass of the dually I looked at the trailer could only be 3t gross without anything in the truck bed. Think it’s operators license if you want to get the full use out of the big ones.

Would still love one though and if money was no object I’d have one for fun!

Id definitely recommend a v8 Range Rover if you could leave the chip with customers instead. Masses of space, well built, cheap, secure, tows with ease.

i too looked at them, and the only thing is they weight about 4 tonne empty ( well not quite but u get the idea).

In fact i am back on the idea again.

I have a Isuzu Dmax and i know its a work truck but really isnt a comfy place to be.

Whereas the big yank trucks can work and be comfy at the same time.

And in fact they are not that much bigger than the current crop of pickups.

I would be tempted by the 4x4 ( disco etc) but due to the tax rules i cant sensibly run it through the biz as a asset. 

my pickup is used for pricing and occasionally pulling a tw230 so doesnt do any real work. 

So i think why not have the comfort to go with it?

Personally i want a big V8 in it so either a dodge ram or a newer f150.  And new (ish) they are on par cost wise with the uk pickups. Obviously u can get silly and the super raptors i have seen up for 130K but does anyone really buy them?