What price do YOU pay for....

Rob D

Cheers for the answers - so far seems like a mix of places....! Keep em coming just wondering if there is a theme or really just horses for courses!

We supply DM with Sugi bars and they seem a good dealer :)

I did not realize you supplied Matt at DM so I got all my bars from you direct !

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been scratching my head about this recently Rob.

Mostly got them from my dealer but over the last year he's erratic in both quality and price with the trends on both going in the wrong direction. So I've just invested in break/make tools and am in the process of trying a few 'home made' chains and will be getting some reels from you soon. (As you know, I use mainly 1/4" chain, so none of the 'cheapies' do that!)

I mostly buy from you Rob , because you send em quick and at a reasonable price + I'd rather give you the business than my local guys who have a dgaf attitude .

Once went to autogarden perth (next to the fire station) they wanted £60 for two average sized Oregon chains. That was with discount for buying two!

Normally get them from the local dealer as loops. I did get a load from you when you had the buy 3 get 1 free, buy 5 get 3 free deal on a while back though. Price not normally too much of a consideration (if it was I'd buy a reel and make them up myself), but that deal was too good to miss.

By time I need a new chain I'd also be wanting to buy something else so I'd be looking to get it all at once to save on postage.

Last time I ordered chain I bought it from you Rob, along with red grease, marking crayons, a dozen files and whatever else. Oh, and a thin felling wedge.

cheers, steve

I buy local, pay the going rate; but going to make my own. I'd rather be able to fix and repair chains; as I find when I shell out on new chains I always end up hitting something that just ruins one cutter.

Plus the convenience of having my own gear rather than track into town.

Be nice if there was an offer with kit for people like me to get on??!!