What price do YOU pay for....

Rob D

Cheers for the answers - so far seems like a mix of places....! Keep em coming just wondering if there is a theme or really just horses for courses!

I buy in loops from you unless I need one instantly then I go to my local dealer.

I don't know exactly how prices compare but I do know that my local guy isn't that good at making loops as I've had a few snap.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the reel from where ever is cheapest for the 3/8 running saws as they seem to catch the nails and stones in most situations for us in tree work.

For the toppers and 550's and 260's by the loop as they don't seem to go through as much from where ever I'm passing or buying from at the time.

I do like robs chai selector thingy,

For ground saws I buy cheap piraña chains as we work long days so they get sharpened half arsed and ruined

Ta! This is actually going to be re worked for Sept 2016 so hopefully should be better than it is now....

We are getting some China chain in and will brand it economy chain or similar. Going to test it first though... I think there is a niche for it as long as it is good quality. Can't see it ever coming up to Oregon/Stihl but of course it'll be cheaper.

With the chain selector would it be possible to only select the bar for the chain? I was looking for processor chains and I have to put in a similar chainsaw to get to the bar first.

There is an impressive selection of chainsaws though, I bet that took some research.

With the chain selector would it be possible to only select the bar for the chain? I was looking for processor chains and I have to put in a similar chainsaw to get to the bar first.

There is an impressive selection of chainsaws though, I bet that took some research.

Took months upon months of work!

It's tricky - you mean work backwards from the chain? Could be possible but from the research we did 95% of people know their saw - they know their length of bar - they tend to be less sure of the chain size!

The new selector will work differently and be an 'all in one'

You will select the saw - select the model - bar options are then given - click a bar to find the chain... and sprocket... and files

:001_smile:

Selector.jpg.f8a599acf97a792d901bcde2751bd746.jpg

Sorry I didn't explain properly. If I wanted to buy a firewood processor chain for ours I have to select a chainsaw that I think would use a 24 inch bar to find the chains. It would be easier if I could skip the brand and chainsaw boxes and go straight to bars even if they were all listed and you had to scroll through.

It's not the end of the world of course and I expect processors are a tiny percentage of your sales anyway.

Alternatively you could start compiling a list of processors if you've got nothing better to do. ;)

Sorry I didn't explain properly. If I wanted to buy a firewood processor chain for ours I have to select a chainsaw that I think would use a 24 inch bar to find the chains. It would be easier if I could skip the brand and chainsaw boxes and go straight to bars even if they were all listed and you had to scroll through.

It's not the end of the world of course and I expect processors are a tiny percentage of your sales anyway.

Alternatively you could start compiling a list of processors if you've got nothing better to do. ;)

Ah - gotcha!

Trouble is we have so so so many bars! I would say we have around 25 to 30 24" bars if you include all types and manufacturers.... and this tends to confuse people...

Really the selectors are only there to reduce the results down so there is less to hunt through.

Ref adding processors - we could do but what do we use as a reference guide? Any ideas?