What price do YOU pay for....

Rob D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

eBay mostly as I tend to be using a saw and either blunt it or notice it's getting towards the end of its life and it's easy just to type the saw model into eBay and hit buy it now on the chain i want

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yep - I was thinking a few folk do that.

Being in Denmark I normally buy my felling chains with my normal forest supplier but ripping chain I go to Rob because it's a pain to get them though my normal supplier or they tell me that they don't exist.

I only running Stihl chains on my MS 661 and Oregon on my little husky life is to short for cheap chains that dull quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry I didn't explain properly. If I wanted to buy a firewood processor chain for ours I have to select a chainsaw that I think would use a 24 inch bar to find the chains. It would be easier if I could skip the brand and chainsaw boxes and go straight to bars even if they were all listed and you had to scroll through.

It's not the end of the world of course and I expect processors are a tiny percentage of your sales anyway.

Alternatively you could start compiling a list of processors if you've got nothing better to do. ;)

I agree, I know I need a 17" type 73 Oregon multicut chain for my tajfun400. So I use chains direct because I can search by chain type instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the saw, the ms150 I can only get the chains from one dealer locally or online and shipping puts the price from online dealers way through the roof.

The standard chain sizes I normally pick one up at the dealership if I'm in the shop and I need one when picking up spare parts,

If I really need a loop I can make one up at the local tractor supply centre/brico builders yard.