Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

That would have been stupid. Presumably someone on site thought better!

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying management is always right, I had lots of arguments with them when I was employed!

I do think that someone has to be in charge though. Including corybn if that had been the choice the country made, not that I would of been happy about it not that I'm happy now!

I voted for an independent as I was peed

Of with the big parties

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'm not one to blow my own Trumpet. I rang a lad that took over from me, and we chewed the fat together. We realised what could happen, and that lad wrote feck on the job. It could of gone seriously wrong. Two out of those three managers left after a few months....... Can't imagine why.

Eggs,

I understood exactly what you intended in both respects.

(i) re the pay thing

(ii) Re the rising/pumping sewage main incident.

BUT

Stupid exists at all levels, from labourers, right up through "tradesmen" to upper management.

Education cannot fix stupid.

mth

Making the news TOMORROW:

Serious civil unrest, rioting and disorder follow Grenfell Tower fire.

Lack of coordination and control at aid stations, frustration and anger fuelled by grief, wanting to "blame" someone for lost family and friends, all topped off with a big dollop of Corbyn sponsored suggestion of asset stripping "the rich."

http://uk.pressfrom.com/news/world/us-news/-172285-corbyn-suggests-using-luxury-kensington-properties-for-grenfell-tower-families/

He knows full well that he's fanning the flames with such talk - it would have been much more rationale and effective to simple suggest "empty" properties be brought into use but he has specifically targeted "luxury" properties in true, traditional Communist revolutionary style.

Rioting and disorder very much suit his agenda. That's a stark example, for me, of the true danger this man poses.

Whilst not a fan of military aid to the civil authorities where it becomes necessary due to inadequacy, incompetence or greed of other departments. In this case, it may be prudent to have some military disaster relief expertise on site to take charge of the apparent chaos, and to be prepared for the transition to civil unrest.

Hope I'm wrong!

Making the news TOMORROW:

Serious civil unrest, rioting and disorder follow Grenfell Tower fire.

Lack of coordination and control at aid stations, frustration and anger fuelled by grief, wanting to "blame" someone for lost family and friends, all topped off with a big dollop of Corbyn sponsored suggestion of asset stripping "the rich."

US News: Corbyn suggests using luxury Kensington properties for Grenfell Tower families - PressFrom - United Kingdom

He knows full well that he's fanning the flames with such talk - it would have been much more rationale and effective to simple suggest "empty" properties be brought into use but he has specifically targeted "luxury" properties in true, traditional Communist revolutionary style.

Rioting and disorder very much suit his agenda. That's a stark example, for me, of the true danger this man poses.

Whilst not a fan of military aid to the civil authorities where it becomes necessary due to inadequacy, incompetence or greed of other departments. In this case, it may be prudent to have some military disaster relief expertise on site to take charge of the apparent chaos, and to be prepared for the transition to civil unrest.

Hope I'm wrong!

Agree with everything you've said. Especially about Corbyn. Why aren't you a fan of bringing in the military?. Personally, I would like to see the military become more involved at times of unrest. The army etc is still to pay whether training, at war or helping with disaster relief.

Agree with everything you've said. Especially about Corbyn. Why aren't you a fan of bringing in the military?. Personally, I would like to see the military become more involved at times of unrest. The army etc is still to pay whether training, at war or helping with disaster relief.

In brief, it's easy to forget that, just like all the other government departments that seem unable to cope with doing their own business, the armed forces have also been subject to similar reductions and efficiencies yet still have preparation for, deployment to and recovery from operations, training and regeneration to manage.

Which ever department is drawing down funding to do their job (however poorly) are STILL drawing down that funding despite apparently being so inept as to require the armed forces to bail them out.

There is a time and a place for MACC, relying upon it as an ever increasing everyday occurrence is probably not the best idea.

In brief, it's easy to forget that, just like all the other government departments that seem unable to cope with doing their own business, the armed forces have also been subject to similar CUTS yet still have preparation for, deployment to and recovery from operations, training and regeneration to manage.

Which ever department is drawing down funding to do their job (however poorly) are STILL drawing down that funding despite apparently being so inept as to require the armed forces to bail them out.

There is a time and a place for MACC, relying upon it as an ever increasing everyday occurrence is probably not the best idea.

Fixed that for you Mr Johnson.