Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

8 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I guess that’s part of the problem, they don’t really seem to be policed the same? I just saw a video of them setting a holiday inn housing asylum seakers on fire, or trying to at least, while the police watched on. I appreciate mobs/riots are presumably fairly spontaneous, but they (the police) know what’s kicking off, they should be ready to wade in there and shut these people down. 

I just saw Malaysia issued a travel warning to the uk. letting this drag on will have far reaching consequences. 

but if you are to believe all those on the right, they are being policed the same, because these on the right claim the muslims and non whites are getting away with all of this and going unpoliced.

like the specific mention of a palestinian being given safe passage through a riot.

The definition of a mass casualty event confuses me a bit I have to say.

It appears the Manchester bombings were a mass casualty event only because all victims were taken to the same hospital that was overwhelmed in the moment. If the same amount of victims had been taken to three hospitals that didn't subsequently become overwhelmed it would not be classed as a mass casualty event, although it led to the same amount of casualties?

• Like 1

So perhaps the term "mass casualty event " is very specific, how about the phrase "A lot of British Police Officers are being hurt by a lot of British rioters" - will that do?

Smoke and mirrors I again. Making the news today and the news today is rioting stoked up by Tommy Robinson (from his nice comfy 5 star Cyprus hotel (where he ran away to avoid being arrested again)). Smoke and mirrors "a lot of (racist) White people rioting but look over there 30 Asians had one the other day too over a local issue... and no police officers were hurt" (actually in Leeds there were a few white lads getting into the action too).

The narrative is always the same - White British people doing wrong are barely mentioned on this thread but as soon as anyone approaching middle eastern origin, or date I say it a Muslim then the long copy and paste posts appear. Why would that be?

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Where did I say no violent attacks have been carried out ?? Put up evidence. 
The evidence and factual information I posted to show you what a genuine “mass casualty event “ is and its definition is obviously not to your liking. School yard infantile digs at my surname just make you look a bit desperate I’m afraid, you seem to be looking for a lot that is not there. The master eh 😂😂😂😂😂

wahey i get to throw your own words in your face again (ive got it copied to paste in as many times as you want)

"Can you point out the last time a union flag flying individual decapitated, bombed, shot or acid  attacked or generally carried out a mass casualty terror arrack in the UK. "

there we go. theres you quoted implying that no violent attacks were carried out.

when i called you out on it you tried to change what you define as a violent attack.

nah digs at your surname just make me giggle. not desperation at all. im enjoying the view from up here on the moral high ground, i think ill stay up here a bit longer.

oi, Master with a uppercase M please, thank you very much Mr Schlong.

17 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Anyone else heartily bored of this iteration of the Johnsond show?

Rather than endless trying and failing to compare apples to oranges, we ought to change tack slightly and discuss a more constructive approach to the situation: like how do we best tackle the problem. Here's a starter for ten.

THECONVERSATION.COM

Instead of focusing on the people sending out the propaganda, we should turn our attention to those who receive it.

42 you are all replying and getting worked up over one statement. That is that all riots or rioting should be policed equally and fairly without prejudice regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. Now if that is an issue to some of you that is not my issue. 

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

42 you are all replying and getting worked up over one statement. That is that all riots or rioting should be policed equally and fairly without prejudice regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. Now if that is an issue to some of you that is not my issue. 

and the statement in question is you implying that no white british union flag waving people have injured anyone in any way or caused and destruction.

"Can you point out the last time a union flag flying individual decapitated, bombed, shot or acid  attacked or generally carried out a mass casualty terror arrack in the UK. "

it was that one, by the way.

it seems to be the statement you stand by and the sentiment you live by.

and thats why its causing an issue.

fyi, claiming there is 2 tier policing, or suggesting that "everyone should be policed equally" is simply the smokescreen used by those claiming johnny foreigner is rampaging on our shores.

13 minutes ago, manco said:

wahey i get to throw your own words in your face again (ive got it copied to paste in as many times as you want)

there we go. theres you quoted implying that no violent attacks were carried out.

when i called you out on it you tried to change what you define as a violent attack.

nah digs at your surname just make me giggle. not desperation at all. im enjoying the view from up here on the moral high ground, i think ill stay up here a bit longer.

oi, Master with a uppercase M please, thank you very much Mr Schlong.

You are factually wrong, as much as you want to classify the attacks on the police as a certain scale of event( which you did ) , they just aren’t. Yes police have been injured but cities have not been wrecked and there have been no mass casualty events by the common definition of the phrase. 
You are embarrassing yourself with your giggling I’d say. But if it makes you happy then it’s no big issue for me. 

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

This is what I don't get Dave; you're all saying the same thing, that riots or rioting should be policed equally and fairly without prejudice regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. Everyone is in agreement, so what are you constantly arguing about?

How do you, Dave, think we should calm the situation down right now, and hopefully resolve it ultimately?

It's got to be worth pushing back against the lies and misinformation that's being spread online surely. All this propagation of hatred and division within society is helping no-one.

THECONVERSATION.COM

Instead of focusing on the people sending out the propaganda, we should turn our attention to those who receive it.

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

And where can you show us that it isn't? I forgot to check last night, but who mentioned 2 tier policing first in this? I wonder....

8 minutes ago, manco said:

and the statement in question is you implying that no white british union flag waving people have injured anyone in any way or caused and destruction.

it was that one, by the way.

it seems to be the statement you stand by and the sentiment you live by.

and thats why its causing an issue.

fyi, claiming there is 2 tier policing, or suggesting that "everyone should be policed equally" is simply the smokescreen used by those claiming johnny foreigner is rampaging on our shores.

Not correct in any way