Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

How's everybody doing at the moment work wise and business wise?

That is a genuine question.

Do people feel like there is money around and money being spent?

If people had to tighten their belts gardens and trees would be put on the back burner as it is kind of a luxury or you need spare money to spend on such things.

Do you think your town or city is doing good ok bad?

All genuine q's to get a feel how people think we are doing?

Very busy here :thumbup1:

How's everybody doing at the moment work wise and business wise?

That is a genuine question.

Do people feel like there is money around and money being spent?

If people had to tighten their belts gardens and trees would be put on the back burner as it is kind of a luxury or you need spare money to spend on such things.

Do you think your town or city is doing good ok bad?

All genuine q's to get a feel how people think we are doing?

about a month or so ago it looked like things were slowing up a little, silly prices were being banded about. That seems to have passed though...seems to generally be plenty of work around my area as far as I can tell.

Things have picked up a bit here. Things are growing fast at the moment so that helps.

I'm hoping though that the pound will stabilise whoever wins the election as holiday money is looking expensive.

Tree work can take a hit when people's incomes are squeezed. On the plus side, so long as your business is sustainable, they're bigger jobs when people do get round to getting them done.

Things have picked up a bit here. Things are growing fast at the moment so that helps.

I'm hoping though that the pound will stabilise whoever wins the election as holiday money is looking expensive.

Tree work can take a hit when people's incomes are squeezed. On the plus side, so long as your business is sustainable, they're bigger jobs when people do get round to getting them done.

I've had the busiest Jan/feb I can remember, looking at 5/6 job a week every week.

Very busy here. I've got 15 quotes to do this Saturday.

Got another climber with us now as well. Not enough hours in the day.

Like Steve says, the silly prices competition seems to have died out now as well.

Timon.

Not doing to bad under the tories are we lads:sneaky2:

Its almost as if having people who are good at running companies and making money in charge of the economy is a better choice than having people who are jealous of people who have made their fortune and want to take it away and give it to the masses. :confused1:

No the manifesto isnt costed, but is it that important? we've seen how they run the economy over the past 7 years, its going to be more of the same.. attempting to live to your means and saying that magical word 'no'

I'm never bothered about the 1% getting richer or not as to be honest I'm never going to be in that 1% I do believe big businesses create jobs and that can only be a good thing.

I am concerned how the likes of us guys are doing and the consensus so far seems positive and that can only be a good thing.

Out of interest to get an idea on the geography of the lads that have answered and are going to where are you based.

I'm greater Manchester also doing great with plenty of work on the books.