Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Also worth remembering the global financial crash of 2007/8 was the cause of the economic situation that followed.. not out of control labour spending!! I don't know how the Tories have got away with that lie for so long!

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly I disagree.

Gordon Brown claimed to have ended "Boom and Bust" whilst riding the biggest Boom the world had ever seen. So they increased spending to mind boggling amounts.

If my business started doing very well and my turnover shot up, would it be sensible for me give all my staff wage rises and buy loads and loads of new gear, all on finance, because my new income could early afford it?

Now if my work load suddenly dropped, some clients go bust themselves and failed to pay me, as a result I could no longer afford all my new expenditure and my Co goes bust.

Who's fault would it be?

Mine for overspending or my customers for no longer wanting my services?

Thanks for your reply.

Firstly I disagree.

Gordon Brown claimed to have ended "Boom and Bust" whilst riding the biggest Boom the world had ever seen. So they increased spending to mind boggling amounts.

If my business started doing very well and my turnover shot up, would it be sensible for me give all my staff wage rises and buy loads and loads of new gear, all on finance, because my new income could early afford it?

Now if my work load suddenly dropped, some clients go bust themselves and failed to pay me, as a result I could no longer afford all my new expenditure and my Co goes bust.

Who's fault would it be?

Mine for overspending or my customers for no longer wanting my services?

Good analogy. The country was actually in profit around 2000-2001 so they changed the rules on borrowing so they could go into debt..??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Do you think your oncologist would be an employee of the NHS?

I am not naive, you are talking nonsense.

The fundamentals of the NHS are care free at the point of delivery.

I know a woman who was assessed for a hip on the NHS, she was found to not be at the point where the she qualified. She had had enough so decided to go private (the cost was nothing like £35K) the consultant saw her as a private patient. He said her condition had deteriorated since her previous assessment and he would do it for her on the NHS.

First of all we all know a relative,little old lady etc who has had a bad experience with the nhs,the majority receive great service at no cost.

If someone decides to go private thats up to them and the cost would not be comparative to a private health care system in the future when the tories destroy the nhs

It will be much more expensive in the future than private health care today.

As for the nhs in scotland yes the SNP have prioritised the nhs and as a result is performing well.

I really dont understand anyone who thinks private healthcare in place of the nhs is a good thing.

First of all we all know a relative,little old lady etc who has had a bad experience with the nhs,the majority receive great service at no cost.

If someone decides to go private thats up to them and the cost would not be comparative to a private health care system in the future when the tories destroy the nhs

It will be much more expensive in the future than private health care today.

As for the nhs in scotland yes the SNP have prioritised the nhs and as a result is performing well.

I really dont understand anyone who thinks private healthcare in place of the nhs is a good thing.

You miss my point entirely, her experience was good, in the end.

My point is that good health care is good health care, the idea that there is "good NHS health care" and "bad private health care" is a nonsense. In most cases the only difference is who picks up the tab.

I really don't understand how health insurance costs would increase if there was more demand, that is contrary to all the laws of economics :confused1:

How doesnt it? What you take minus what you spend is a deficit. It's a number without excuses? Is the tax free allowance and minimum wage subject to abstract rules too?

Would you prefer the numbers were the the same as 2010 or now?

Because the economy was reeling at the time. Any party in power then would be running a similar deficit. I'm not an economic lecturer, but there's a load of information out there about it.

In the unlikely event of Corbyn getting elected, do you think we would be able to have a second election on the grounds that no one really knows what they are voting for? ... you know, like Brexit.

Timon.

In the unlikely event of Corbyn getting elected, do you think we would be able to have a second election on the grounds that no one really knows what they are voting for? ... you know, like Brexit.

Timon.

Chortle!!:biggrin:

So what do we think of these stats? [ATTACH]221170[/ATTACH]

:_How's this for starters? :001_rolleyes:
There were so many lies on the pro-Tory image that we literally couldn't fit all of them onto our own debunking graphic! If you have friends who have shared that graphic, please do post this as a reply to them!

18814040_1852100105041928_8183198437161867569_n.png?oh=833fd3aee348ba9f46a69fa86d32edca&oe=59A5518D

This whole debate is pointless anyway, too much 'whataboutery' and too many closed minds.Plenty of factual info has been posted and ignored, but if we've reached the stage where people with first hand experience of a particular issue are being ignored because the facts don't suit their particular agenda and an ''I know someone who knows someone...'' anecdote is being used to advance opinion over facts, then why bother? As Homer Simpson once said ''Facts! You can prove anything with facts.''s

Still, at least this fellow gets it - more genius from 'Cassetteboy'' ..:thumbup:

[ame]

[/ame]