Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

torys continue with the personal attacks on Corbyn deflecting the focus away from theyre own lack of plausable policies.

A lying,repititive sound biting u turning cant produce any financial figures,elderly dementia sufferer robbing, nhs destroying women like may.

Mmmmmm....?

. If the Tories get in, you can kiss goodbye to the NHS as we know it - if you don't believe me, talk to anyone who works for it - to be replaced by a more expensive, far less efficient US style private healthcare system. That fact alone should be enough to convince any waverers to vote Labour. :

If it was a single issue NHS election, that would indeed be ample supporting justification for a Tory vote for reform in order to retain, rather than a Labour "keep ploughing money in" to a vastly inefficient system.

Agreed!

👍🏻

If it was a single issue NHS election, that would indeed be ample supporting justification for a Tory vote for reform in order to retain, rather than a Labour "keep ploughing money in" to a vastly inefficient system.

Agreed!

����

Had a heart attack Mr Johnson ?

Oh thats unfortunate..do you have health insurance?

Oh i see...well your not insured to cover cardiac events...

Ummm..how would you like to pay?

Oh its £ 130 000,you can sell your house to cover it you know.

A reality check of our lives in a Tory nhs free health care system.

Agreed!

👍🏻

So, in summary, you think the solution to our Tory induced funding crisis in our health service is to scrap the NHS, replace it with a American style healthcare system that's demonstrably less efficient and run for the financial benefit of private healthcare companies and their shareholders, to the detriment of the general population? Have I got that right? :confused1:

Did you look at the implications the Naylor Report - the one St Theresa has promised to implement - will have on the healthcare of this country? I can only assume not, as there's no way any one in possession of said facts could arrive at such a conclusion.Do you realise that the US spends twice the GDP on healthcare than the UK, with a far less favourable outcome - over 40 MILLION Americans aren't covered at all, and by far the commonest cause of bankruptcy over there is due to medical bills. Been to the vet's recently? Shocked at the bill? When the NHS goes, vet bills will seem like a bargain compared to your personal healthcare costs once your beloved Tories have got their way. Still, ''ploughing money in to a vastly inefficient system'' is obviously OK - providing it's a private company that benefits, and not the dreaded 'state'.:001_rolleyes:

For the hard of thinking, perhaps the 'Breaking Bad' analogy is a good one;

US version - Man gets terminal cancer and resorts to selling illegal drugs to secure the financial future for his pregnant wife and disabled son. Resulting show generates enough material to last 5 series.

UK version - Man gets terminal cancer, is treated for free by the NHS and him,his pregnant wife and disabled son are all cared for by the Welfare state. Err, no drama there...

Had a heart attack Mr Johnson ?

Oh thats unfortunate..do you have health insurance?

Oh i see...well your not insured to cover cardiac events...

Ummm..how would you like to pay?

Oh its £ 130 000,you can sell your house to cover it you know.

A reality check of our lives in a Tory nhs free health care system.

It's similar to the issue over the number of police being a factor in preventing the recent attacks....

A distraction, a red herring, treating the symptom rather than the cause, avoiding the difficult questions whilst piffling around the edges with a sticky plaster.

My dear Mr Mad, just as the number police is only tangentially relevant to the ability to curtail such as the recent attacks, and of more use as an attempt to score political points, so is this illogical (to a large degree politically binary) assumption that Tory + NHS = bad, Labour + NHS = good.

There MUST be fundamental change to the operation and funding of the NHS if it is to remain viable going forward 10, 20, 50 years.

Opposition to change is to ignore the obvious and to slip on the party blinkers. That, IMHO, is the greatest danger to the sustainability and longevity of the NHS.

Perhaps the best solution might be a cross-party / apolitical body which is properly empowered to devise a 50yr plan which, regardless of the flavour of the sitting government, is able to forecast, define and enforce implementation of the recommendations.

But there are (at least) 2 problems with that approach. (1) another QUANGO with all the associated deficiencies of accountability and (2) when a committee tries to agree on a horse they tend to deliver a camel!

Some elements of privatisation of the NHS have been a great success - I'm reminded of a recent very efficient, effective and good value visit to Specsavers.

Some elements are a wholesale scandal - I'm reminded of PFIs introduced by.....?

For those that TRULY hold dear the concept of the NHS, we will surely need to rise above this unseemly binary political nonsense.

So, in summary, you think the solution to our Tory induced funding crisis in our health service is to scrap the NHS, replace it with a American style healthcare system that's demonstrably less efficient and run for the financial benefit of private healthcare companies and their shareholders, to the detriment of the general population? Have I got that right? :confused1:

Did you look at the implications the Naylor Report - the one St Theresa has promised to implement - will have on the healthcare of this country? I can only assume not, as there's no way any one in possession of said facts could arrive at such a conclusion.Do you realise that the US spends twice the GDP on healthcare than the UK, with a far less favourable outcome - over 40 MILLION Americans aren't covered at all, and by far the commonest cause of bankruptcy over there is due to medical bills. Been to the vet's recently? Shocked at the bill? When the NHS goes, vet bills will seem like a bargain compared to your personal healthcare costs once your beloved Tories have got their way. Still, ''ploughing money in to a vastly inefficient system'' is obviously OK - providing it's a private company that benefits, and not the dreaded 'state'.:001_rolleyes:

For the hard of thinking, perhaps the 'Breaking Bad' analogy is a good one;

US version - Man gets terminal cancer and resorts to selling illegal drugs to secure the financial future for his pregnant wife and disabled son. Resulting show generates enough material to last 5 series.

UK version - Man gets terminal cancer, is treated for free by the NHS and him,his pregnant wife and disabled son are all cared for by the Welfare state. Err, no drama there...

Unfortunately, your attempt to summarise my thoughts is way off the mark. 👍🏻

I dont pretend to know how a Labour government propose to finance the NHS but im sure id rather have the NHS and to vote tory would condem our nation of an institution that takes care of our sick and elderly free of charge.

If Theresa May gets her way we had better all pray were financially bouyant enough to afford to get sick.