Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:
MEDIABIASFACTCHECK.COM

LEFT BIAS These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection...

Not just left of center, but extreme left. Can you imagine anyone in any good faith expect someone to read something from the radical right, or left in good faith? 

Considering your empty attempt to disassociate yourself from the hard and radical left posting links to such outlets pooh poohs that weak as a tesco beer attempt quite easily. 

You must be on the cheap stuff again? 

I realise there's media bias.

There's an abundance of sources for the blatant rip off that is happening under our noses.

Just now, Mark J said:

I realise there's media bias.

There's an abundance of sources for the blatant rip off that is happening under our noses.

Then find your bugbear and link it from a neutral source. 

Jerking off in your echo chamber then posting the link you got off to is just your personal wånkfest. We dont need to see what got you hot and bothered, 

The fact you and a few other nutcases rely on fringe and discredited sources is of no surprise to me. 

Well its like announcing a free bar, with a loud hailer, in a busy street, the opportunists will come flocking, no different in the current rather mishandled situation, where Government money was being shovelled out with  zero scruitiny, like our RHI et al.

Btw. most of the businesses that avail of the current largesse, with whatever degree of honesty, can probably be labelled "Tory", cos you know, anyone running a business can be painted as a Tory..

• Like 3

It does get a bit boring when the same people are posting the same stuff over and over!
[emoji12]

Let’s hope you follow your own advice..... cos your libtard comments and responses are boring the [emoji90] out of me[emoji6][emoji3]
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Commando said:

Let’s hope you follow your own advice..... cos your libtard comments and responses are boring the emoji90.png out of meemoji6.pngemoji3.png

And another one pops up!  Even after trying to get down with the kids and including a helpful emoji to improve how a simple tongue in cheek sentence can be understood ?

It's like a tag team wrestling match sometimes, just when you think everyone's got over (or given up on) your woke/beige/cloud cuckoo land/marxist views another one gets trawled out from the depths! 

Go on then Commando, why am I a "libtard"? It's not very PC  using that second part of the word is it!!?

Is it my views on fairness for all, tolerance of all races and sexualities, my happiness with a multiracial society or maybe that I have no issue with a degree positive discrimination to improve the position of previously oppressed groups within our society? I suppose to put the icing on the cake I'm also pretty OK with our country accepting immigration from a wide range of countries including refugees from war torn countries who may not be able to prove beyond doubt that they have an absolute right to come here, oh and I'm very much in favour of our country contributing significant sums to international aid programmes due to our historic treatment/exploitation of those countries in the past. I'm also not adverse to the idea of a Labour government and I quite liked Jeremy Corbyn too! I'd imagine from that lot there's a fair few reasons that you may consider me to be a "libtard".

In response to boring you I do apologise, but since joining Arbtalk the level of what I would consider to be right wing/intolerant/nationalistic postings, which appear to me to be filled with hate and anger seems to have increased. In many cases the original topics don't even have anything to do with politics etc, but some on here seem to think it's appropriate just to shout others down for anything.  This may or may not be the reason but there also seems to have been a corresponding reduction in the levels of good, helpful contributions from previously great posters (about tree/arb related stuff) and the forum is less good as a result. Some may be busier than previously and spend less time on here than they had but I know several guys in the industry who stay away because of how people are treated. 

I rarely post on here in normal times, but occasionally a post or topic tickles your fancy so you decide to get involved and in this case I thought I'd continue to provide my views on the original post to balance those of some our more prolific posters rather than just letting myself be shut down by the usual insults and derogatory statements. 

I was planning on having a weekend off but if you'd like to hear more of my "libtard views" and why I disagree with your political/cultural views then I'm happy to put in a bit of time and effort in between other things. 

18 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

And another one pops up!  Even after trying to get down with the kids and including a helpful emoji to improve how a simple tongue in cheek sentence can be understood ?

It's like a tag team wrestling match sometimes, just when you think everyone's got over (or given up on) your woke/beige/cloud cuckoo land/marxist views another one gets trawled out from the depths! 

Go on then Commando, why am I a "libtard"? It's not very PC  using that second part of the word is it!!?

Is it my views on fairness for all, tolerance of all races and sexualities, my happiness with a multiracial society or maybe that I have no issue with a degree positive discrimination to improve the position of previously oppressed groups within our society? I suppose to put the icing on the cake I'm also pretty OK with our country accepting immigration from a wide range of countries including refugees from war torn countries who may not be able to prove beyond doubt that they have an absolute right to come here, oh and I'm very much in favour of our country contributing significant sums to international aid programmes due to our historic treatment/exploitation of those countries in the past. I'm also not adverse to the idea of a Labour government and I quite liked Jeremy Corbyn too! I'd imagine from that lot there's a fair few reasons that you may consider me to be a "libtard".

In response to boring you I do apologise, but since joining Arbtalk the level of what I would consider to be right wing/intolerant/nationalistic postings, which appear to me to be filled with hate and anger seems to have increased. In many cases the original topics don't even have anything to do with politics etc, but some on here seem to think it's appropriate just to shout others down for anything.  This may or may not be the reason but there also seems to have been a corresponding reduction in the levels of good, helpful contributions from previously great posters (about tree/arb related stuff) and the forum is less good as a result. Some may be busier than previously and spend less time on here than they had but I know several guys in the industry who stay away because of how people are treated. 

I rarely post on here in normal times, but occasionally a post or topic tickles your fancy so you decide to get involved and in this case I thought I'd continue to provide my views on the original post to balance those of some our more prolific posters rather than just letting myself be shut down by the usual insults and derogatory statements. 

I was planning on having a weekend off but if you'd like to hear more of my "libtard views" and why I disagree with your political/cultural views then I'm happy to put in a bit of time and effort in between other things. 

Help us all out then, start a poll with a brief, (no, really) statement of your position and see what degree of agreement (or otherwise) there is. 

Or, get yourself over to a Arb related thread and make some valuable contribution rather than repeating the same old guff on this thread then whining like short changed whore when people express their disagreement with your opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Commando said:

Let’s hope you follow your own advice..... cos your libtard comments and responses are boring the emoji90.png out of meemoji6.pngemoji3.png

Commando I’d strongly recommend not even bothering to get into that with Stu, it’s not a case of giving up as he slyly puts it ( knowing we took the conversation offline yesterday) or running out of points to debate but more a realisation it will just frustrate you in the end. I took my debate offline with Stu so I could send him images of a crew list that proved the nationality of some of them. Both guys are friends etc, it was done offline in respect to their privacy. I gave him a run down of my job role and responsibilities plus the areas I’ve worked etc etc. The bullshit online between us was at that point over as I understood it. The timeline of subsequent posts by Stu obviously proved me wrong. The urge to get the last word or make a sly comment is obviously overwhelming within him as he still felt the need to bang another post up with yet another dig at me being unwittingly racist or intolerant or as in this morning of “giving up”etc. 
Best thing you can do is not get drawn into replying to those long long well written but in the end not really relevant posts written by someone whom displayed zero integrity and if I had to hazard a guess probs ain’t been around or seen that much of the world and it’s people.  
It’s a game with him do not fall for it, I was advised to do the same by another member on here, I should have listened. Alternatively you can tie him up with one liners that his compulsion to reply to will not let him ignore.  ?

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Help us all out then, start a poll with a brief, (no, really) statement of your position and see what degree of agreement (or otherwise) there is. 

Or, get yourself over to a Arb related thread and make some valuable contribution rather than repeating the same old guff on this thread then whining like short changed whore when people express their disagreement with your opinion. 

Here we go again...

I am more than happy that people disagree with my point of view, life would be very boring if everyone had the same opinions on everything but as it was your original post that got me going on this let's start from the beginning again. ?

Your original post and subsequent comments appeared to show (maybe wrongly) that you don't like the diversity make up of tv programmes, adverts etc because they don't reflect the national balance of those minorities and/or what you see on a daily basis. But most importantly you despise political correctness. I personally feel that there are many reasons why the diversity make up shown is not and should not be a problem and my basic question is why do you have a problem with it as it would be a realistic reflection (with some notable exceptions) for many people across the country even if it isn't for you?  

And as you have no issue (and apparent pride) with saying what you like, even if (or especially if) it will offend others, try to answer that question as clearly as possible without being politically correct (as you hate that so much).