Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

30 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Where do you find 'em....  (well, BBC online obv's but you know what I mean...)

Not sure if it'd have been worse for Lt Femoral or Lt Bolok....?

...... A question i will ever ask myself Kev,  along with' did you mix the fuel properly' and 'is that yr climbing rope or did yr nan knit that for you'.... ? K

11 minutes ago, Stere said:

This bbc news site is good fun

WWW.BBC.COM

We dey give una latest tori on top politics, environment, business, sports, entertainment, health, fashion and all di...

Many years ago I used to get the herb off a bloke that spoke like him, never really did know what he was saying, innit.

Find it odd fairly blantant corvid corruption stuff isn't making more headline news?

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

Leaked documents seen by Good Law Project set out special pathways by which “VIP” and “Cabinet Office” contacts...

Seems no on cares that much?

2 minutes ago, Stere said:

Find it odd fairly blantant corvid corruption stuff isn't making more headline news?

GOODLAWPROJECT.ORG

Leaked documents seen by Good Law Project set out special pathways by which “VIP” and “Cabinet Office” contacts...

Seems no on cares that much?

Pigs with their snouts in the trough, same as it ever was. 

People are just apathetic to it all now I guess. What's the solution? Whats the alternative? 

Some other interesting news;

WWW.MARKPACK.ORG.UK

Apsana Begum entered Parliament at last December’s general election, winning the Poplar and Limehouse constituency.

WWW.BBC.COM

An inquiry looked at whether unlawful acts took place and how the party responded to complaints.

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

Labour MP Dame Margaret Hodge was subjected to an anti-Semitic rant from a party activist that left her feeling “under...

Sometimes its a case of better the devil you know...

4 minutes ago, Stere said:

Always being there but not with such  massive amounts and on a goverment  wide  scale before.

Its not the same its on a whole new lvl.

Yes, but they don't mind 'those' people raping them, so long as it's not those drink swilling, fag smoking, widescreen watching iPhone user. They are different, so I'm told.

Always being there but not with such  massive amounts and on a goverment  wide  scale before.

Its not the same its on a whole new lvl.

Remember the scandal when the Panama Papers broke? No me neither. Unfortunately people just don’t care anymore.

Same with the Biden scandal that’s broke in the US. Even faced with impending irrefutable proof Jo is implicated up to his eye balls in selling the US out people just don’t care.

What’s the solution?

15 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:
Yes, but they don't mind 'those' people raping them, so long as it's not those drink swilling, fag smoking, widescreen watching iPhone user. They are different, so I'm told.

Be it Labour or the Tories we’re gonna get shafted by them one way or the other. The contracts mentioned above are for what seems like C-19 bumf. The contracts would have went to someone anyway to provide this “service”. So it’s not so much a case of money being stolen but who’s getting the contract. We’d be paying out for it anyway.

But the drink swilling, fag smoking, folk you’re referring to are screwing over their fellow man. They’re effectively stealing hard earned tax money from those that work hard to pay it.

Two wrongs don’t make a right. So yes, as someone clearly pointed out the obvious to you, they are very different issues. But both need stopped, both need fixed. Saying we should not fix one because the other, regardless of which, is hardly the solution is it?

How would you address the issues raised regarding the C-19 contracts?

Edited by trigger_andy

Not scrap a proper competitive tender   process.

c-19 was used as an excuse to drop the usual checks

HEADTOPICS.COM

The Government must publish the details of PPE contracts awarded in a hurry to dispel suspicions of misconduct...

^from the telegraph

This opened the flood gates seems like huge mistake or a useful  excuse to  allow cronyism.

7 minutes ago, Stere said:

Not scrap a proper competitive tender   process.

c-19 was used as an excuse to drop the usual checks

HEADTOPICS.COM

The Government must publish the details of PPE contracts awarded in a hurry to dispel suspicions of misconduct...

^from the telegraph

This opened the flood gates seems like huge mistake or a useful  excuse to  allow cronyism.

I completely agree. But what are we the people gonna do about it? 

And its good that you're raising this concern as its a case in point that the Government is using C-19 to further their own agenda's. This has been raised by quite a few on here already, not this particular case but having huge misgivings from the outset that C-19 has been used and abused by the political class as a tool. Up till now many here have denied this and have derided anyone who dare think like this. 

Could the tide finally be turning and those that deny the unprecedented removal of our liberties all in the name of protecting the vulnerable start to realise its actually a crock? 

Edited by trigger_andy