Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Mark, The Tories don’t have any money, the government’s money is your money.

I was getting to that point. I was taking the long way round to accomodate the hard of thinking.

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mark J said:

No, they're not.
If you believe that then you need your head read. 1% world population, 10% of cases. That's not doing well.

We're a vastly over populated  Island, no thanks to your Komrade Blair.  We're really not doing that much worse than the majority of the world. Sorry to burst your Tory hating bubble. 

The British Government could have done better. But your point blank refusal to give them any credit for anything, added to your abject hate for the Tory party again nulls your point of view, its as skewed as you could get. At least pretend to balance up your vitriol with a token conciliatory gesture. 

Do you honestly think another party would have handled the crisis better? If so which party and how would they have done better? 

coronavirus-deaths-by-country-1584750820316-mediumSquareAt3X-v3.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

We're a vastly over populated  Island, no thanks to your Komrade Blair.  We're really not doing that much worse than the majority of the world. Sorry to burst your Tory hating bubble. 

The British Government could have done better. But your point blank refusal to give them any credit for anything, added to your abject hate for the Tory party again nulls your point of view, its as skewed as you could get. At least pretend to balance up your vitriol with a token conciliatory gesture. 

Do you honestly think another party would have handled the crisis better? If so which party and how would they have done better? 

coronavirus-deaths-by-country-1584750820316-mediumSquareAt3X-v3.png

The election was ages ago.
Tories won, get over it.
They're the only people responsible for the mismanagement of this shitshow.
Not Corbyn, not anyone else. This is entirely their play and they're killing people.

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

The election was ages ago.
Tories won, get over it.
They're the only people responsible for the mismanagement of this shitshow.
Not Corbyn, not anyone else. This is entirely their play and they're killing people.

Utter Bollox .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I guess, without taking sides, the elephant in the room for me is Germany. Similar populations and demographics but much, much lower death toll.

I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation for that.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Thanks 2

On 30/04/2020 at 09:00, Khriss said:

Anyway, yr all looking in the wrong desert,

Massive drop in car use

Airlines use down to near zero.

Oil price crashes

People actually having to walk instead of sat in with pizza.

Huge increase in wildlife activity and air quality improvements .

People home baking and import fast food meat for Rain forest areas totalled..........

I smell a conspiracy........

GettyImages-1143719384.jpg

I gave you a sad smilie, cos that is how I feel when tricked into looking at yon misbeguided  lassie

9 minutes ago, Mark J said:

How so?
I'm yet to see anything positive about the way the gov has conducted themselves. I'm happy to be enlightened though.

No you are not !! regardless of how any tory government had tackled this you would not be happy, that sort of undermines your comments somewhat. When the dust settles the answers as to why some countries coped better than others will no doubt come out. But it’s early days and there is so much that is not known about the virus and also whom is susceptible etc even down to ethnic group ?‍♂️. It’s the utter utter relentless negativity that stands out in your posts more than any facts that may be present. It’s friday night Mark I did hear that a brewery up in Northumberland is giving away beer so have a ride up get a keg and cheer up eh ??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnsond said:

No you are not !! regardless of how any tory government had tackled this you would not be happy, that sort of undermines your comments somewhat. When the dust settles the answers as to why some countries coped better than others will no doubt come out. But it’s early days and there is so much that is not known about the virus and also whom is susceptible etc even down to ethnic group ?‍♂️. It’s the utter utter relentless negativity that stands out in your posts more than any facts that may be present. It’s friday night Mark I did hear that a brewery up in Northumberland is giving away beer so have a ride up get a keg and cheer up eh ??

Nope, I just look at how S. Korea have handled it. I think they had 1 new case yesterday. I can't be arsed pulling up graphs or charts, but the data is there.
The gov had plenty of warning, yet, hey ho 'Herd immunity' and 'Take it on the chin'. 
I care not about political affiliation. I judge people by their actions, the powers that be aren't looking after our interests.
Change my mind.

• Confused 1