Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

42 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Given that you freely admit you're not up to GCSE maths, I think your crunching of the numbers is irrelevant.

" Thankfully my Wifes the smart one out of us so she's been very studious with the kids. As shes also doing her Degree from home she's been able to help our 16 year old with maths and Physics, something Id not have a clue in. "

I dont need to crunch the numbers though do I? Are you honestly telling me you have a degree in Mathematics? Have you personally crunched any numbers and have them agreed upon by anyone in a qualified position? No? Thought not. Pointless and useless analogy, but this is the level I've come to expect from yourself. Irrelevant and hate filled soundbites of little substance. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I dont need to crunch the numbers though do I? Are you honestly telling me you have a degree in Mathematics? Have you personally crunched any numbers and have them agreed upon by anyone in a qualified position? No? Thought not. Pointless and useless analogy, but this is the level I've come to expect from yourself. Irrelevant and hate filled soundbites of little substance. 

Mate, if you can't do maths at the level of a sixteen year old, you're not really going to gain any traction.
I needed a minimum standard of education in order to do my degree.
I once did an IQ test at triggers behest, when drunk.
Life's short, don't let the facts get in the way.

Just now, Mark J said:

Mate, if you can't do maths at the level of a sixteen year old, you're not really going to gain any traction.
I needed a minimum standard of education in order to do my degree.
I once did an IQ test at triggers behest, when drunk.
Life's short, don't let the facts get in the way.

I think it would be a fairly safe bet that very few here are proficient in Mathematics to the degree that a 16 year old is today. I simply do not believe that you would be in this minority. My Wife who is doing her Degree in Mathematics and Quantum Physics, so far to a distinction level says the Maths our 16 year old has to do is challenging. Im sure you'll have a snide remark about that but regardless, unless you are using or studying Math on an almost daily basis there is no way you'd get a pass of any relevance. 

I dont doubt you have a minimum in all your education. :) 

You 'once did an IQ test' which one? One of the hundreds of bogus tests you find all over the internet that massage ego's to harvest data or the Mensa test? 

The irony of your closing comment is laughable. 

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

My Wife who is doing her Degree in Mathematics and Quantum Physics

wow that is some degree to do - I thought I could manage it, but only got as far as a physics diploma with OU, it was more than I could grasp. Always wanted to know what is the fundamental physical difference between a positive and nagative charge - how does this cause the electrostatic interaction. Exactly why do unlike charges attract. I never had the focus to study enough to find out if there is an answer. Probably needs a mind like an industrial laser.

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I think it would be a fairly safe bet that very few here are proficient in Mathematics to the degree that a 16 year old is today. I simply do not believe that you would be in this minority. My Wife who is doing her Degree in Mathematics and Quantum Physics, so far to a distinction level says the Maths our 16 year old has to do is challenging. Im sure you'll have a snide remark about that but regardless, unless you are using or studying Math on an almost daily basis there is no way you'd get a pass of any relevance. 

I dont doubt you have a minimum in all your education. :) 

You 'once did an IQ test' which one? One of the hundreds of bogus tests you find all over the internet that massage ego's to harvest data or the Mensa test? 

The irony of your closing comment is laughable. 

You have the credibility of a saucepan.

• Haha 2

Just now, tree-fancier123 said:

wow that is some degree to do - I thought I could manage it, but only got as far as a physics diploma with OU, it was more than I could grasp. Always wanted to know what is the fundamental physical difference between a positive and nagative charge - how does this cause the electrostatic interaction. Exactly why do unlike charges attract. I never had the focus to study enough to find out if there is an answer. Probably needs a mind like an industrial laser.

Shes a smart cookie thats for sure. Did her last end of year exam with contractions and we drove straight to the hospital after and she gave birth later that night. She still passed with a distinction. And all the while looking after a 17 month old full time too.  No idea why she chose Quantum Physics other than she thought it would be interesting. 

• Like 1