Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If only it was so clear cut. You're attempting to twist my intention to fit your own narrow agenda. Again.

To solve a problem you firstly have to recognise what the problem is.

If you think the underlying problem of Islamist terrorism is Tory cutbacks it quite clearly shows that you are delusional.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure most people reading our exchange will be thinking you're naïve and I'm smart.

That's not what I said. Our succeptability to any form of terroism has increased due to cut backs.

Government foreign policy and 'Intervention' Hasn't helped matters either.

The causes of extremism are many.

Edited by Mark J

That's not what I said. Our succeptability to any form of terroism has increased due to cut backs.

Government foreign policy and 'Intervention' Hasn't helped matters either.

So the main causes of terrorism are:

1. Tory cut backs.

2. Government foreign policy.

3. "intervention"

Are you maybe missing the main cause? It starts with an I.....

The causes of extremism are many.

I agree with that. However we all know the main cause...

I'd imagine the Manchester bomber read this in the Koran...

'Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,'

The RAF has bombed IS in Syria. Extremists think that's justification for killing Brits.

Some interesting posts, always good to see peoples true colours.

Personally I'd sooner take my chances with the terrorists than live in the kind of police state many of you are advocating :thumbdown:

Agree completely, we can't let civil liberties be eroded

No problem with normal Muslims.

Extremists?

'Known' extremists would disappear.

People whinging about that would as well, until the whinging stopped.

Law change - IS flags, radical preaching, making halal meat compulsory in schools, trying to stop people walking their dogs, trying to stop children singing hymns in assembly, anti-British chanting? Pack your bags - you're out.

I've had enough.

I respect other countries laws and culture when I'm abroad, it's about time we were extended the same courtesy.

If you don't like it here get out, you're not welcome.

No problem with normal Muslims.

Extremists?

'Known' extremists would disappear.

People whinging about that would as well, until the whinging stopped.

Law change - IS flags, radical preaching, making halal meat compulsory in schools, trying to stop people walking their dogs, trying to stop children singing hymns in assembly, anti-British chanting? Pack your bags - you're out.

I've had enough.

I respect other countries laws and culture when I'm abroad, it's about time we were extended the same courtesy.

If you don't like it here get out, you're not welcome.

Well said. The school my son's go to tried going all halal or vegetarian a few months ago!! It's 90%+ white students. There was uproar and I was about to get an interview on local radio about it when they all of a sudden found the caters could do non halal after all 😠

Horrible way to slaughter animals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

To solve a problem you firstly have to recognise what the problem is.

If you think the underlying problem of Islamist terrorism is Tory cutbacks it quite clearly shows that you are delusional.

Thanks anyway, I'm sure most people reading our exchange will be thinking you're naïve and I'm a bigot.

Fixed that for you :001_smile: