Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

People repeat what they hear. Often without giving it too much thought. It's easy to find out about terrorists online. People don't though, they gamely swallow a given narrative.

Sure, there's problem's that need addressing, but castigating an entire religion because the acts of a nutjob isn't fair or right.

18620874_1469621493098421_1337984252463858316_o.jpg.3f79a482e24cf0e9ef7655e339912688.jpg

, they gamely swallow a given narrative.

Like the "Tory cuts" narrative for example??

I've seen LA staff out cutting roadside verges & islands today. Absolutely nugatory, unnecessary and costly.

You'd think (for "Tory cuts" read "an attempt to instil responsibility for local expenditure") "Tory cuts" would result in a drive to improve efficiency and budgetary responsibility, but no, LA's will continue to plough on, as they always have, thoughtlessly & wastefully expending resources whilst blaming central government for institutional inefficiency.

I was talking to a mate of mine who's a copper today. He's incensed that the army are on the street. Soldiers are trained to kill, police are trained differently.

Have you watched this:

[ame]

[/ame]

And her response:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Mark J

Islamic State have a magazine called Dabiq. In issue 15 they had an article entitled 'Why We Hate you and Want to Fight You'.....

Ok, I can sympathise with their reasons 4,5 & 6. However how many billions have we given in aid to Muslim countries? How many million Muslim refugees have we accepted? Anyway, over the centuries it's generally Islam that has attacked the West...

Looking at their reasons doesn't give me much hope we could ever have a diplomatic peace with them....

'Why We Hate you and Want to Fight You'

1. Because you are disbelievers

"We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers; you reject the oneness of Allah – whether you realize it or not – by making partners for Him in worship, you blaspheme against Him, claiming that He has a son, you fabricate lies against His prophets and messengers, and you indulge in all manner of devilish practices."

2 . Because you are liberal

"We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited while banning many of the things He has permitted, a matter that doesn’t concern you because you Christian disbelief and paganism 32 separate between religion and state, thereby granting supreme authority to your whims and desires via the legislators you vote into power."

3. Because some of you are atheist

"In the case of the atheist fringe, we hate you and wage war against you because you disbelieve in the existence of your Lord and Creator."

4. For your crimes against Islam

"We hate you for your crimes against Islam and wage war against you to punish you for your transgressions against our religion."

5. For your crimes against Muslims

"We hate you for your crimes against the Muslims; your drones and fighter jets bomb, kill, and maim our people around the world, and your puppets in the usurped lands of the Muslims oppress, torture, and wage war against anyone who calls to the truth."

6. For invading our lands

"We hate you for invading our lands and fight you to repel you and drive you out. As long as there is an inch of territory left for us to reclaim, jihad will continue to be a personal obligation on every single Muslim."

I was talking to a mate of mine who's a copper today. He's incensed that the army are on the street. Soldiers are trained to kill, police are trained differently.]

Of course he's incensed, who wouldn't be?

Whilst there has always been arrangements for military aid to civil authorities (floods, BSE, Olympics, fire strikes, prison officer strikes, fuel tanker strikes etc...)

It is an acknowledgment that that department is unable to manage their area of responsibility - nobody is ever going to "like" that.

But, and it's a big but, outside of periods of sustained / large scale military ops, there is a public resource that can, and perhaps should more often, be called into effect.

I have absolutely no doubt that the ACPO etc will use this an attempted justification for budgetary uplift.

It's not entirely necessary whilst there already exists a cost effective alternative. In fact, like the fire strikes, it will be seen that the military can provide considerably BETTER VfM than the organic resources.

It's embarrassing, that's why he might be incensed.