Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It would be better with machine guns.

Oh it will have guns, and it can use the stairs too. :)

I'm not into the making all drugs legal, I wouldn't want my kids having easy access to spice or meth etc. You can pour as much money as you like into education and parenting but teenage kids have it in their genes to experiment no matter how good their parents are.How many drug users started in their 30's/40's I guess not many compared to how many did in their teens.

If it's legal then it's way easier to get hold of and experiment with. Smoking ban, not sure, if it was banned for everyone from tomorrow I would pack in straight away. It would be far too much hassle to get them from a street corner and I think we have all (smokers) witnessed some dodgy fake baccy too know it's certainly not worth it!

So legal fags are good quality but illegal ones can be bad. Have you got any ideas how bad quality other drugs could be replaced with good quality ones?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Ok mark, you are entitled to your opinion. Thankfully you are in a tiny minority on this one. 

Ok dave, you are entitled to your opinion. Thankfully you are in a tiny minority on this one....

Edited by Mark J
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Yeah Mark  ban the lot for me and drop the dealers on the spot like the old Philippines guy did ( much to the applause of the Philippino deck crew on a boat I was on at the time) 

How on earth can an educated adult propose legalising the stuff you are talking about. As for Alcohol! What did I say 🤷‍♂️personally I don’t give a damn but to compare having a few beers or a glass of wine with smoking crack cocaine, come on Mark. It might have been a good idea at uni but Anarchy ain’t a viable alternative or solution. 

Maybe because he is educated?

Deaths from alcohol almost 5 times more than drugs. And that's all drugs, crack cocaine would only be a part of that ~500k total.

OURWORLDINDATA.ORG

In blue are shown the estimated annual number of deaths attributed to tobacco, alcohol and drugs. In red are shown the...

Smoking dwarfs all the rest obviously.

It'd be interesting to see the total for deaths attributed to poor health and obesity due to poor diet.

Here we go, slightly more than alcohol.

WWW.WHO.INT

Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with at least 2.8 million people dying each year as a result of being...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Very viable. Look at the regular incidents regarding fishermen and excavations etc throughout Western Europe, Germany in particular. Cover or contain the blast sounds good but can make things far worse. No doubt it will be left until it has to be done as the cost whatever happens is gonna be astronomical. 

It has been in the sea for almost 80 years though. Here at least the clearance divers seem to add more HE to the demolition charge to remind people that the stuff can still be hazardous.  

From memory the fuzes on aerial bombs are more hazardous than the main charge. None of the ariel bombs on that ship were fuzed,just the bomb let's ,so what is the chance of sympathetic detonation of all of it?

I guess in an accident with that ship,it's not what gets destroyed I the blast radius that's the problem,it's launching bits of ship and uxo into the surrounding area?

In Bergen a ship carrying 12,000 tonn of explosives blew up in town,bits of the ship are still on the hillside.

5 hours ago, sime42 said:

Maybe because he is educated?

Deaths from alcohol almost 5 times more than drugs. And that's all drugs, crack cocaine would only be a part of that ~500k total.

OURWORLDINDATA.ORG

In blue are shown the estimated annual number of deaths attributed to tobacco, alcohol and drugs. In red are shown the...

Smoking dwarfs all the rest obviously.

It'd be interesting to see the total for deaths attributed to poor health and obesity due to poor diet.

Here we go, slightly more than alcohol.

WWW.WHO.INT

Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with at least 2.8 million people dying each year as a result of being...

I’m still waiting for the conclusion of a discussion on a different topic from you and a couple of others, so really can’t be arsed to get into this to and fro be honest particularly with those fond of making  up false claims. If a few on here seem to think that making the crap you are on about legal then-quite frankly you are even more stupid than I previously thought. 

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

Ok dave, you are entitled to your opinion. Thankfully you are in a tiny minority on this one....

Christ Mark I expect a bit more from yourself. 
So you claim the majority of people want the crap you talk of legalised. Ok bud I’ll be in lynemouth on the 16/5 let’s meet and I’ll watch you shoot up on Heroin see how you get on. 

20 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Christ Mark I expect a bit more from yourself. 
So you claim the majority of people want the crap you talk of legalised. Ok bud I’ll be in lynemouth on the 16/5 let’s meet and I’ll watch you shoot up on Heroin see how you get on. 

Early bird this week david i see have a good day my friend 😉