Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

Wasn’t Brexit supposed to put an end to all this, regain control of our Borders and other such bo**ocks?

Ive said it before, the likes of vegan Karen down the health food shop do not have any say over what the Royal Navy can do in the channel, that’s down to the people in charge, the people you voted for.

Wouldn’t it be better to hold them to account rather than continually pointing the finger at everyone else?

I’d not the statement regarding law and order not clear enough?? 
The left and the numerous charities etc answer to this is to speed up the asylum system which you don’t have to be a genius to work what that will mean in reality. When the Tories or Labour actually have the balls to come up with a real plan it will be a refreshing change. The opportunity to hold them to account will come at the general election. “ the people I voted for” 😂you mean the majority !! democracy’s a bitch for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’d not the statement regarding law and order not clear enough?? 
The left and the numerous charities etc answer to this is to speed up the asylum system which you don’t have to be a genius to work what that will mean in reality. When the Tories or Labour actually have the balls to come up with a real plan it will be a refreshing change. The opportunity to hold them to account will come at the general election. “ the people I voted for” 😂you mean the majority !! democracy’s a bitch for sure. 

The people you voted for as in The Conservatives, they are still in charge aren’t they?

Thankfulky ‘geniuses’ like yourself will set the record straight and vote the same bunch in, well done. 😂

Just now, 5thelement said:

The people you voted for as in The Conservatives, they are still in charge aren’t they?

Thankfulky ‘geniuses’ like yourself will set the record straight and vote the same bunch in, well done. 😂

Like I said unless you missed it in your rush to throw in some political cheek, my views on the current situation and those responsible for it are pretty much summed up in the comment about law and order. Feel free to slate the current party but I’m all ears as to what you think Labour will bring to this show other than literally wiping the asylum list clear by the only method possible. As for the genius comment “**************** you” 

• Like 1

Maybe there will be a revolution soon! The only worrying thing is there will soon be enough immigrants to stage their own then those of us who have grown up here will be kicked out! 

For the record I have no issue with immigration but it needs to be controlled, I think something similar to the points system Australia has could work.

I think the navy need to be towing these boats back to Europe then rendering the boat useless once everyone is off it back on mainland Europe. If you apply and meet the needs of this country or have a genuine asylum claim (not many) the navy will pick you up next time they drop a load back! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Will C said:

Maybe there will be a revolution soon! The only worrying thing is there will soon be enough immigrants to stage their own then those of us who have grown up here will be kicked out! 

For the record I have no issue with immigration but it needs to be controlled, I think something similar to the points system Australia has could work.

I think the navy need to be towing these boats back to Europe then rendering the boat useless once everyone is off it back on mainland Europe. If you apply and meet the needs of this country or have a genuine asylum claim (not many) the navy will pick you up next time they drop a load back! 

We already operate a points based asylum system, it just takes months or even years to process people, all the time they are in limbo and a financial drain, can’t work but not deported either. 
Speed this up, get legal people working or illegal gone.

• Like 1

Didn't we work out last week that the vast majority of immigration to the UK is 'legal' and outnumbers the 'illegal' ones by about 8 times. If you are really really worried about immigration why so quiet about these numbers? Cut the legal entrants by about 300,000 and boom job done! no housing problem, wages will increase as farmers desperate to pick crops will pay more, their countries will improve without a brain drain, every one is a winner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

So what in your opinion has changed from when I was a youth when this work was all done by indigenous British people to now when it’s primarily carried out by cheap European Labour? Be both know the answer to that but you’ll continue to ignore reality.

Empirically I don’t see what you’re saying reflected in everyday life. The plumber I know is still a plumber, the sparkie I know is still a sparkie, the farmers are still farmers. I’ve personally been with the same company for 25 years now. 

You can down play the utter failure of mass migration in Sweden all you like. Again, reality does not reflect your point of view as the link I provided from Swedens very own PM shows. The reality is far darker than he dares mention. 

When my kids went to the British International in Stavanger is was a very multicultural school. It was great and the kids thrived. Thankfully my kids will never have to experience a multinational school in the U.K. 

Ime it was done by kids earning £1 an hour. I know it's the truth because I did it along with loads of other kids who wanted a bit of extra pocket money.

It wasn't fruit picking it was hand weeding, lettuce picking and packing, leak picking washing and packing, etc, etc. I think that I can still smell that onion stench now!

These seasonal jobs work well for imported labour because, well, it's seasonal. I guess its difficult to make a full time career out of it for British workers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Ime it was done by kids earning £1 an hour. I know it's the truth because I did it along with loads of other kids who wanted a bit of extra pocket money.

It wasn't fruit picking it was hand weeding, lettuce picking and packing, leak picking washing and packing, etc, etc. I think that I can still smell that onion stench now!

These seasonal jobs work well for imported labour because, well, it's seasonal. I guess its difficult to make a full time career out of it for British workers.

I’ve still got a couple of the brass tokens somewhere from working peace work. Still got my cauliflower knife as well, was a proud day at 13 ish year old to buy one I could keep sharp with my own wages! I made a extra few quid being quicker with a sharp knife.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5thelement said:

We already operate a points based asylum system, it just takes months or even years to process people, all the time they are in limbo and a financial drain, can’t work but not deported either. 
Speed this up, get legal people working or illegal gone.

Now we need to make the points harder to get than tiger tokens