Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Other leading causes include ischaemic heart diseases and diabetes.

There are a few outlets popping this one out today, no one is offering any reasons why it would seem 🤔

NEWS.SKY.COM

Excess deaths, or extra deaths, are the number of deaths that are above the long-term...

There is a chap on Youtube that talks about covid quite a lot. He was saying that worldwide there is a 17% increase in the excess death rate, a lot of it corresponds to vaccine uptake.

I don't know if it is true or not but it does make me wary of having any more jabs. Missus had a booster on Monday and has been a bit rough, she was so feverish last night she had to change the bedclothes tice and sleep on a towel, you'd think she'd pissed the bed how wet it was. She isn't a sceptic but does blame the vaccine.

edit to add a link to the guys videos,  I don't know how accurate he is but he is interesting.

Edited by Peasgood
  • Like 2

APPLE.NEWS

The Bank of England has today confirmed it is hiking interest rates from 1.75% to 2.25% in what is...

Coming off a 5  year fixed rate deal mortgage  in jan next year so been shopping around today, so far it looks like im gonna be about £140 a month worse off. I guess those further up the money chain who were unhappy with the way of things pre covid are now a lot more contented with how things are. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

The Bank of England has today confirmed it is hiking interest rates from 1.75% to 2.25% in what is...

Coming off a 5  year fixed rate deal mortgage  in jan next year so been shopping around today, so far it looks like im gonna be about £140 a month worse off. I guess those further up the money chain who were unhappy with the way of things pre covid are now a lot more contented with how things are. 

About bloody time. Interest rates have been a joke for quite some time now, especially when you also consider the inflation rate. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

Fair point, but interest rates have been ridiculously / unsustainably low. If 'young clinber' needs them this low his financial plans are fundamentally flawed. 

I was reading somewhere that if interest rates hit 5% it would cripple most mortgage holders! I guess there are a lot of financially exposed people out there…

Edited by Commando
  • Like 1

And a housing market that's due a reality check, all those empty luxury high rise flats in London.

All purchased as investments, when really they could have been half the size and sold at a reasonable price instead of forcing low earns miles into the suburbs or into ghetto style accommodation.