Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

56 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Well the Mrs has just worked out our projected Electric bills based upon the latest and projected price caps. 
Currently £164 per month 

Oct due to go to £295

Jan 23 up again to £448 

April 23 up again to £ 551. 

If Starmer can’t make this the stick he might as well quit as leader of the opposition. As for the Tories as much  as i have always been a Tory voter this may well be a death sentence. Hopefully people will take to the streets big time over this. 

Politics aside, I think January, maybe early February will see massive disruption. People don't tend to take to take the streets in winter, but this is different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You work out what a cuck is yet ??. 
With a reply as feeble and impotent as that I think it’s plain to see you probably do actually realise you might have been a bit keen to say the least. 

No.
I just refuse to get drawn into an argument about Covid, despite the incessant provocation. It's futile, it's boring, and it's long since time to move on. I have an opinion on the subject, you very clearly have another. I realised long ago that we're obviously not going to reconcile these, that's fine, shit happens.
If you want to stoop to this level that's up to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

No.
I just refuse to get drawn into an argument about Covid, despite the incessant provocation. It's futile, it's boring, and it's long since time to move on. I have an opinion on the subject, you very clearly have another. I realised long ago that we're obviously not going to reconcile these, that's fine, shit happens.
If you want to stoop to this level that's up to you.

No I’m sure you don’t 42, I’ll give you a bit of advice then, stop making smart arse comments such as the Mythical quip a few posts ago and the well deserved responses will stop too. The likes of yourself have thrown that crap  at anyone whom dared question anything from day one. The current situation both from a financial social education and healthcare perspective etc is in no short order thanks to the utter madness that was the covid reaction you supported. Honestly 42 wtf did you think the end result was gonna be 2 years ago when you were hiding behind your curtains promoting this bollocks 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Johnsond

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

May be an image of map and text that says "Water quality in England and Wales is poor compared with Scotland's Proportion of water bodies* by surface area failing to achieve good ecological status, by river basin district (%, 2015) 100 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 Excluding unknown status Source: European Environment Agency ©FT"

We're in a bit of a pickle as a country at the moment. 

image.thumb.png.d2384dd7cc28514dc914d391370335e0.png

I'd think that may be a case of @theSNP giving us the statistics "helpful" to their cause.

From what I see myself in the Borders, hear on local news, and know from my mate who's been an equipment engineer for EA and Scottish Water, then Scotland is not treating the environment any better.

Maybe we benefit from a less dense population, but they're still pumping untreated waste into watercourses repeatedly.

The dry spell has shown River Tweed in a new light as there were a number of kids hospitalised after swimming so the state of things has become more public now.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, difflock said:

You wanna go to the well, burn or Lough wi a bucket, and drink the untreated water ?

Never mind disposing of all your shite within your own curtailage?

And obviously all that infrastructure, dams filterbeds, resovoirs and pipes are totally free to provide and maintain?

Scheesh!

That was sort of my point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Politics aside, I think January, maybe early February will see massive disruption. People don't tend to take to take the streets in winter, but this is different.

Should be a good turnout, half of them will be living there anyway.

• Like 1

As far as the drinking water discussion goes I've got to say that I've not used tap water for drinking or cooking for many years and I feel much more clear minded for doing so.

I've several times posted the list of noxious chemicals that are added to Scottish drinking water in order that it's 'safe' to drink.. and I don't believe any of it.

Most of the time I collect my untreated water from one of several natural springs locally and when in town I buy spring water at around £1 a gallon..  collecting either is a pita compared to turning on a tap but the difference is very noticeable especially when you accidentally taste tap water.

In Glasgow at the moment there is a push on to Fluoridate the drinking water,  something that was thrown out after a vote many years ago but I'd suspect that the dolts in power now are far more susceptible to being led by the nose and steered in any direction... no matter how stupid or corrupt.

I mean it's more than 100 years since it's been known that the Halogens interfere with brain function causing a dumbing down of intellect and emotions and in general a more pliable populous   yet most folk willingly accept 2 doses of Fluoride every day in their toothpaste.. as regularly and heavily advertised by GSK on tv every night.

ffs

13 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Well the Mrs has just worked out our projected Electric bills based upon the latest and proposed upcoming price caps. 
Currently £164 per month 

Oct due to go to £295

Jan 23 up again to £448 

April 23 up again to £ 551. 

If Starmer can’t make this the stick he might as well quit as leader of the opposition. As for the Tories as much  as i have always been a Tory voter this may well be a death sentence. Hopefully people will take to the streets big time over this. 

That's absolutely bonkers. Our electricity bill here in Sweden is currently running at about £80/month, and that's with us using the AC too.