Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

In regards to the whole army on the streets thing.

I do not really see why the army are not utilized, for these sort of stationary armed security positions more often?. I mean half the time troops are just being paid to train, and well if they filled the standing around with guns waiting for **** to happen role (half of there job anyway), well then that would open up armed police and allow them to quickly respond to situations.

This is just my opinion, and if anybody can see any flaws in it I would be interested to hear

Me and the Mrs went to Rome for our 5th anniversary last year. There were quite a few military patrols/posts on the streets there.

I have to say it was quite reassuring.

The days of the "bobby on the beat" are distant history now.

I think it's high time we saw some proper security presence on the streets and I'm not talking about coppers with semi automatics.

Timon.

Until we tackle and irradicate the bad ideas that make these people do what they do we are just pissing in the wind. Locking people up might help a bit, but it won't solve the problem

Delusional people are killing us and will carry on killing us because their beloved fantastical holy texts tell them to do so. Unwavering belief in iron age stories written by savages really is the problem here. It is tempting (and perhaps natural) to focus on the people, but it's the ideologies- the bad ideas that are the cause of this madness.

Human civilisation will not truly prosper until religious faith is rejected in favour of reason.

We know so much better now. Humanity needs to move on.

Spot on

Until we tackle and irradicate the bad ideas that make these people do what they do we are just pissing in the wind. Locking people up might help a bit, but it won't solve the problem

Delusional people are killing us and will carry on killing us because their beloved fantastical holy texts tell them to do so. Unwavering belief in iron age stories written by savages really is the problem here. It is tempting (and perhaps natural) to focus on the people, but it's the ideologies- the bad ideas that are the cause of this madness.

Human civilisation will not truly prosper until religious faith is rejected in favour of reason.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

I think you misunderstand the discussion.

I think most people here want extremists to give up their liberty so everyone else is safer.

Imagine. JL

Just seen an interview with the Father of the suicide bomber. Didnt look at all bothered that his son is in a million pieces along with a load of children. Just concerned that he thought someone was telling lies about where his son had travelled too.:001_huh:

Just seen an interview with the Father of the suicide bomber. Didnt look at all bothered that his son is in a million pieces along with a load of children. Just concerned that he thought someone was telling lies about where his son had travelled too.:001_huh:

Him and the brother have been arrested because they knew what he was up to according to the sky news app

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app