Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

15 hours ago, PeteB said:

Knew this Israeli thing wouldn't be good. Oil prices and prices in general will rise as the  combat spreads. Shipping avoiding Red Sea already as it escalates!

Yup, a few comments I saw around the internets was leave them to it, none of our business (same with Ukraine and a lot of other conflicts), but they are never just contained in a nice package, Gaza and Israel, but tend to spill over into the wider world - whether it is people fleeing the conflict, shipping detouring the area, or in Ukraine food exports being cancelled, they affect us all. In that area it doesn't take much for some of the other nations to think they will also have a go.

4 hours ago, sime42 said:
WWW.THENEWEUROPEAN.CO.UK

This newspaper has instructed solicitors and Counsel and expects to begin the case against Mone early in the New Year

What else do you expect from the New European?! Pure Starmerite Shite. 

Ftr, no opinion about Michelle Moan, I bet she does 🤣

4 hours ago, Whoppa Choppa said:

What else do you expect from the New European?! Pure Starmerite Shite. 

Ftr, no opinion about Michelle Moan, I bet she does 🤣

Never read it but the paper says it was forced to engage legal representation defending itself from her threats after they exposed her (is that the right term?).. so want that money back now it has been shown that she is a liar

• 2 weeks later...

South Africa jail system is odd compared to ours, I think money talks over there, am sure he would have been out sooner - if he wasn't famous (11 years and I think that was them making an example of him too). Fairly sure I read one that some serious crimes (murder serious) and you are put in house arrest rather than jail (was about 11 years ago I was reading that, coincidence? but my memory might be wrong)