Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Prefer swedes to turnips & they seem easier to grow as less bolt prone.

Fuskahsima water being released out the sea is supposedly safe now as  being filtered apart from the tritium which can't be removed but which they say they are gonna dilute  down to safe lvls (its occurs naturally)

Thats the offical version anyway.

I reckon  they are probably doing a better job than sellafield has/does.

Both sellafield and le Hague are or were fuel reprocessing facilities which release small amounts into the sea.

Releasing anything into the Mediterranean would be suicidal in the longer term, as it's akin to a captive fishbowl.

My point was more that sellafield and even ****************ushima sites are chosen for the remoteness aswell as the tidal flows.

Canada use the great lakes for cooling water, okay they don't reprocess like the UK and France.

Edited by GarethM

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Both sellafield and le Hague are or were fuel reprocessing facilities which release small amounts into the sea.

Releasing anything into the Mediterranean would be suicidal in the longer term, as it's akin to a captive fishbowl.

My point was more that sellafield and even ****************ushima sites are chosen for the remoteness aswell as the tidal flows.

Canada use the great lakes for cooling water, okay they don't reprocess like the UK and France.

WWW.NEWCIVILENGINEER.COM

A search has been launched by Sellafield operator BNFL for over 50 pieces of a heavy duty 220mm...

A good few years ago I was the Guy running the Diving on the sea line decommissioning project at Sellafield .  If i remember correctly the original timescale and budget was 6 months and £18 million. The end result was “ we heard unofficially” 3 years and £42 million. I remember the day very well in regards the incident described  in the article, the subsea and marine types “ myself included”amongst the team argued vociferously not to put the half height  of HDPE pipes we had processed into the wet store location ( as per procedure ) due to the rapidly increasing weather forecast-but were  overused as the whole licensing procedure to take it into Workington docks etc was not set up for that dsy. The clerk of works on my shift quoted a line I heard often during my 3 years there “ no one has ever been sacked at sellafield for doing nothing , but plenty have been sacked for doing something wrong”. We conducted thousands of dives over the 3 year period without a single LTI, tidal strength was never an issue although I doubt you’d be so lucky if it’s the same power station you can see from Alderney that you  are talking about in France, seriously challenging  diving conditions in that part of the Channel 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2