Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Yeah, there’d be a certain comedic irony to that Labour inheriting a financial basket case rather than leaving one  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Remember the note last time - there’s no money left 

Oh aye, the tories are determined our money is spent well!! 🤣🤣, how’s the deficit now? Oh yes “that’s because of covid”…. and, of course it is. Are you trying to tell me that Johnson cares about the deficit more than labour worry about it? Does he f**k! That’s not his money or his cronies, it’s our taxes, they don’t give shit, they only worry about private company profits and bungs.
  • Like 3

What about the college mate of PM 's that got appointed to head the charity commission and clamp down on "woke" charities without formal job vetting procedures.

Mind the charity business needs a thorough looking at; most don't realise the self serving , highly paid staff who get away with excesses because there is no adequate regulation.

Whenever I get a rattle can waved in my face I always ask what the representing CEO gets paid.
As a result the Salvation Army, or local food banks are my usual go to. Both are largely run by volunteers or not paid excessively.
Most people are clueless when it comes to 3rd world country charities. In the past I’ve been physically involved in aid to Africa and know exactly how funds and goods are wasted. You can guarantee that the organisers wages, and the governmental bribes and logistical costs and bribes of getting that aid into these countries uses up the best of the funds. Whenever I see TV adverts asking for donations my cynical side thinks of who the real beneficiaries are.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I seem to remember Live Aid being held up as such an example:  any knowledge on that one @Baldbloke ?

Wasn’t involved in that crock of shit, but yes, I got in trouble from my wife when I shouted at Geldof and the other well meaning idiots on the telly.
I was more involved in West Africa where necessary items (pipe work, pumps and medical stuff) were sent directly. That was largely a waste of time too as the Customs men needed their cut (cash or essential items from the containers) and the the locals would soon lose or break anything that was installed. Corruption, greed and darwinism in action. The Chinese and Indians understand this and that’s why they’re successful businessmen, in a small part, in that continent.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Clever = nope; 
dangerous = somewhat.
WWW.QUORA.COM

Answer (1 of 26): I’ll present a ‘top 50’, and you can make up your own mind:1. Sacked for making up a quote while working as a newspaper journalist. Three times.2. Sacked for lying about an affair.3. Discussed having a journalist beaten up.4. Endangered a British citizen jailed in Iran, lik...