Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

27 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Yep, she's right out there talking sense but unfortunately I doubt that many folk are able to join up the dots, I find it really depressing that almost immediately after we leave the EU things start to change in the direction of the even more corrupt US agenda and this pesticide issue is merely one example..

The biggest and most noticeable to us may well prove to be healthcare but it's all the other little things that are being done silently that are slowly but relentlessly unpicking the very fabric of all that we hold dear,,, imo

RB interviews many folk who deserve to be heard and although I wasn't a big fan of his previous career I respect his sharp mind and willingness to comment on just what's wrong.. 

Also on another website that he provides links to he and his guests speak freely without the current censorship issues.👍

Private healthcare has become the norm, It shouldn't be that way but it's how it has been allowed to happen.  I would pay money for surgery to avoid waiting lists but that shouldn't have to be the case. 

You don't know what you've got till it's gone

• Like 2

Punk Food Bandita:

“It was just a party”
This is a fairly typical comment on social media that I’m seeing about the Christmas Party that didn’t take place in number ten last year. A party that didn’t take place so hard, that ministers even made a video practising saying that they didn’t have the party, just in case someone asked if they had a party, and still managed to balls that up. 
There was cheese and wine, said Allegra Stratton. So clearly it couldn’t have taken place last year, but obviously some time during the 1970’s.
And so what if they did, eh? Why shouldn’t they have a party, bleats anyone who still actually thinks the government gives the slightest **************** about them and doesn’t care if they are left dead in an open sewer they pay rent for, as long as that Jeremy Corbyn didn’t get in.
It boggles my mind why people are wondering why we might be pissed off. Those very people had put London in tier 3 just a couple of days before.
It’s not just about the risks of transmission and all the people who died or spent Christmas alone, that people are angry about. The Tories gave police powers to fine and arrest people for doing this very thing. They told us to grass our neighbours up.
Just a few months before their little soirée, victims of domestic abuse stayed in violent homes with their kids because they thought they weren’t allowed to leave, as it was literally weeks before the government thought to announce publicly that they could do so without being arrested.
I know vulnerable young people that were dragged to the floor for daring to be outside alone under these laws, despite the fact that there were never any actual curfews in place. 
The ink on their legislation will only stain our skin, as every rave kiddie who ever got battered by the police for dancing in a field post 94’ when the CJB revisions came into play will remember.
Why did the copper who was literally stood outside during the party that definitely didn’t happen do absolutely nothing? Why weren’t the participants charged under their own Covid laws? Or the part V of the Criminal Justice Act just for a laugh, for what are the dreary Tory soundbites we are constantly subjected to if not An Emission Of Repetitive Beats?
Of course we know the answer to that. The rules just aren’t supposed to apply to them. I don’t just mean Conservatives, all the parties have the same vast reserves of entitlement. 
Of course they are going to be surprised about us booting off about it though. We’ve let them get away with it for centuries, and it absolutely isn’t the worst thing they’ve ever done to us. Not by far. They’ve used austerity measures like a knife across the throats of the disabled for years. They decimate our youth, domestic abuse and mental health services then expect gratitude when they give a penny back out of the millions they took. They expect to keep their jobs after countless allegations of bullying and sexual harassment.
They are literally laughing at us, and now it seems, even film themselves doing it.
What more will it take before we say enough?

• Like 4

If this doesn’t mean an early finish for this administration then at the very least they’ll get smashed at the next election.

Looks like Starmer adheres to the ‘never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake’ school of politics.

Playing the long game might have been the smart move for him.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

If this doesn’t mean an early finish for this administration then at the very least they’ll get smashed at the next election.

Looks like Starmer adheres to the ‘never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake’ school of politics.

Playing the long game might have been the smart move for him.

Doubt it. 

You think so?

Not convinced.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’d vote them out. Bunch of clowns. But replace them with what. Kneel Stammer? Yeh, fark no! Better the devil you know in this instance. 

I wrote a longer post before that one - but deleted it since it was becoming a bit rambling. 

In essence- the only viable alternative is full on revolution. The whole bunch of them lack credibility. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I wrote a longer post before that one - but deleted it since it was becoming a bit rambling. 

In essence- the only viable alternative is full on revolution. The whole bunch of them lack credibility. 

100% 

Or a huge Nuclear reset. 

There is no getting back on track now. We're enslaving ourselves, or allowing ourselves to be enslaved because we do not feel the weight of the chains yet.  We're frogs in the pan of cold water thats getting slowly but surely hotter till we're cooked and we just dont notice it. 

• Like 2

My only experience with social workers was 15 odd years ago, when we fostered for a period.
We stopped since the foster children were having a detrimental effect on our children, and there was ZERO support.
We had to be interviewed, prior to being accepted, and that senior SW? (probably, I presume) appeared to be O.K.
Others were very young, inexperienced and downright wet behind the ears.
My experience in group meetings to discuss and never resolve issues caused me to form the opinion that keeping the paperwork filled in was the most important thing.
From the Shoesmith case a few years back, and knowledge of how people employed by the Government/Council can behave dishonestly, without reprecussions, I also concluded that some home visits were probably entirely fictious. Tick the box and fill in the milage claim.  Or claim one knocked on the door without response.(This was based on observations of a case worker who was supposed to check up on a blue card halfwit I was responsible for, it was clear she did not wish to interact with him, but simply punched the milage, and bytimes possibly claimed milage without even punching the miles?)
PLUS, The sad truth that some of these SW will be frightened of, or manipulated by some of the people they have to deal with, the bad ones, the dangerous ones.
Body cams should be a must, to ensure the SW are actually DOING their jobs, and rapid intervention based on this body cam evidence, no argument, no quibbles.
Apart from "ye cant fix stupid", my other distillation based on a lifetime of observation of mostly Councli employees is "lets all pretend", that we are doing a grand job and there are no problems, while we draw our salaries and countdown to our pensions.
I fear the same applies to many/most SW's.
I do appreciate there will be well intentioned or decent SW's, but they will burn out very rapidly, due to the culture they work within.
Edit, Also burn out due to the human animals they deal with and the cruelty and despair  they must witness.

Marcus

So very true.
My wife works as a community midwife which nowadays includes writing reports on parental suitability and recommendations. She’s often writing up notes well into the evening and appearing at SW meetings on her days off. I’m more than a little aggrieved at her having to be involved in social work matters which I consider is not really a midwife’s job. However, good social workers are so thin on the ground, and drink, drug and abuse is so widespread that it appears that midwives are having to be multidisciplinary these days.
  • Like 1