Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Very doubtful that a determined and damaged person , well armed could be prevented from causing mayhem in any school or hospital or bus station of their choice - regardless of armed personnel on site . Afghanistan has shown this time n time again , K

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Very doubtful that a determined and damaged person , well armed could be prevented from causing mayhem in any school or hospital or bus station of their choice - regardless of armed personnel on site . Afghanistan has shown this time n time again , K

Seconds before Reagan was shot.

F56DACF3-CF15-4149-83B1-1D24ABC43C91.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, felixthelogchopper said:

When I was at school some of the teachers were psycho enough with a board rubber, let alone a gun. :ahhhhh:

Absolutely.

I would have been gunned down several times in 1980 alone.

Spotty Ridley whacked me with a cricket bat once!

I bloody deserved it, mind.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Well if you can't get yr head around long chain polymers Mick , thats yr lookout :P K

Long story Khriss.

I’ll try and relate a story from my school days...

I had committed some misdemeanor and as was the law at the time (1978 ish) to administer the cane the teacher had to phone my mother to ask if she objected to me receiving “6 of the best”

So I stood there, fingers crossed, while he reached her and explained my transgression, my punishment and asked for her assent.

There then followed a period of him saying “I see, uh huh, quite, yes Mrs Dempsey, I’ll be sure and relay that”

He hung up the phone and my hopes soared, until he told me that my mum had instructed him to “give the little bastard 6 more from me!”

Thanks Mum:)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Seconds before Reagan was shot.

F56DACF3-CF15-4149-83B1-1D24ABC43C91.jpeg

But seconds after the threat was neutralised, he didn't shoot at everyone else in sight.

I'm doubt if armed teachers would prevent a few deaths, but would almost certainly reduce the total killed. Some of the rural schools may wait 20-30 minutes before officers arrive.

• Like 1

It seems to be an issue of mental instability rather than weapons.

Where do you stop the ban? Carving knives? Pen knives?  chain saws?  Axes?  Stanley knives?

Anyone can drive a car or lorry into a crowded area and kill more people than if they had an automatic rifle.

Perhaps the issue of mental health needs much closer examination but then there are cases like Dr Harold Shipman who probably killed more people than any of these campus murders, and he would have passed most mental health tests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1