Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

No why?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Why!

You're talking council estate talk. They've all got flat screen tv's (tell me where we could get any other type of tv's these days), they've all got money to spend on fags and beer, most of em ain't got a pot to pish in!

It's fecking nonsense that people buy into.

Go to your local food bank (like the one we have), and look at the folk that are going there.

Alright, I will. The education system is chronically underfunded. The social and youth services have been decimated. People aren't being given the opportunity they need to get a start in life.

I'm in no way suggesting that anyone should be given anything on a plate. I'm just thinking that anyone who wouldn't pay someone a tenner an hour is as tight as a tight thing.

The truth of the matter is there are way to many kids entering into further education and spending many years achieving diplomas that don't result in gainful employment. This is a massive drain on resources and a total waste of a teenagers life. I would like to see an overhaul of the system and run it along the lines of the Germans, a child leaves school with its basic education, applies for a job within the industry of choice, if successful the said child finishes its education whilst working within the said industry. Also tied to a contract to stay for a agreed amount of time afterwards, child is educated and this is paid for by the employer. What we have in place here is an archaic system that has huge sums of money thrown at it with piss poor results.

Bob

Why!

You're talking council estate talk. They've all got flat screen tv's (tell me where we could get any other type of tv's these days), they've all got money to spend on fags and beer, most of em ain't got a pot to pish in!

Go to your local food bank (like the one we have), and look at the folk that are going there.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this!

I left loads of jobs when I was younger to get better wages.

People should try and control their own future not wait for ANY government to do it for them.

Why!

But it must be true, I saw it in the Daily Mail. Why on earth would they make it up? :001_rolleyes:

The truth of the matter is there are way to many kids entering into further education and spending many years achieving diplomas that don't result in gainful employment. This is a massive drain on resources and a total waste of a teenagers life. I would like to see an overhaul of the system and run it along the lines of the Germans, a child leaves school with its basic education, applies for a job within the industry of choice, if successful the said child finishes its education whilst working within the said industry. Also tied to a contract to stay for a agreed amount of time afterwards, child is educated and this is paid for by the employer. What we have in place here is an archaic system that has huge sums of money thrown at it with piss poor results.

Bob

I'm all for viable apprentiships, but maybe ones that paid more that the sub £3/hour that many do.

I agree, there may well be people heading to university when they'd be best off doing something more productive, but, on the other side of the coin, there's many people who should be studying but can't.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this!

I left loads of jobs when I was younger to get better wages.

People should try and control their own future not wait for ANY government to do it for them.

Hi Richard, I've just set a new bloke on, I can only pay him £350/week (whilst I'm off on my summer holiday for two weeks), but he needs, and the Government agree that he needs £400/week...... He'll be around for the next two Fridays to collect the extra £50 each week off you.

Pm me your address/payment method.

Hi Richard, I've just set a new bloke on, I can only pay him £350/week (whilst I'm off on my summer holiday for two weeks), but he needs, and the Government agree that he needs £400/week...... He'll be around for the next two Fridays to collect the extra £50 each week off you.

Pm me your address/payment method.

No don't bother just sack him and the government can pay it all. You save 350 he gets his 400 everyone's happy except your clients who get nowt done.

So you think I know I'll push my wage bill too high and pay him the £400 myself and 3 months later you're both at the job centre as you've gone bankrupt but that's ok as it felt good while it lasted.

No don't bother just sack him and the government can pay it all. You save 350 he gets his 400 everyone's happy except your clients who get nowt done.

So you think I know I'll push my wage bill too high and pay him the £400 myself and 3 months later you're both at the job centre as you've gone bankrupt but that's ok as it felt good while it lasted.

So, paying someone £10/day more would make your clients go elsewhere?

It's a nonsense, and well you should know it, or in fact do know it.

I'm off now I've got to be up early in the morning to pay some other companies employees wages.

Just to stir the waters a little more.

I pay subby labourers £10 an hour. Brush dragging, logs etc. Mostly they are fecking useless. It's too hot, cold,raining, early,late, dusty,dirty, muddy, etc etc.

I used to work for £30 a day labouring!!!!

Quite honestly I can't find decent staff. They all think labouring is a skill worth £20+ . ??????!!!!!!! ****

Anyone want a job?

[emoji15]