Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I think you will find that most people would rather have a job than have to live a life on the dole.

Corbyn just wants a fairer society for all of us. What's wrong with that? The gap between rich and poor grew bigger under Cameron than any other prime minister. May will be the same.

I think you are wrong on your last bit.

If you pay tax you get to vote.

That would seems to be a fairly simple and inherently fair system to me.

I'm sure there must be some obvious reason why that wouldn't work, but can't think of it at the moment...

On those grounds the low paid who don't pay tax shouldn't get a vote?

Corbyn just wants a fairer society for all of us. What's wrong with that?

It depends how you define "fair"? What Corbyn wants to do is tax the productive members of society so that he can give the money to the feckless and workshy. Is that "fair"?

I think you will find that most people would rather have a job than have to live a life on the dole.

Corbyn just wants a fairer society for all of us. What's wrong with that? The gap between rich and poor grew bigger under Cameron than any other prime minister. May will be the same.

How is taking half (or more) of one persons money and nothing from others fair? The top 10% pay more tax than the rest combined. Where is the incentive to do well for yourself and your family if you have corybn come knocking (or any party for that matter) when you've worked hard and made a successful life for you and your family?

I do think some of his ideas are good in principle in reality who pays for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'm sure there must be some obvious reason why that wouldn't work, but can't think of it at the moment...

On those grounds the low paid who don't pay tax shouldn't get a vote?

There it is! Thanks Mr E!! :thumbup1:

Mod 1:

If you pay tax, or are employed but fall below the tax threshold, (currently higher under a Tory administration than at any time previous :lol:) you get to vote.

(awaiting Mod 2)

Please stop this rubbish.

Plenty of good decent working people could have £1000 in the bank at the end of the month, yet have very little, or none left when their bank accounts were surveyed.

Should we ban these people from voting?

How about anyone with £1000 or a job gets the vote?

That way all the Momentum storm troopers get no vote :)

What happens if you fall on your arse at election time, between jobs, fall sickly, money soon runs short when you aren't/can't work.

Should these people not get to vote?

I just can't see your argument.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

What happened to democracy and the will of the British people? :001_rolleyes:

Actually, a simpler system would be that you have to buy your vote. The more money you pay the more your vote is worth. One vote is £100, two votes £200 etc..

That way the poor become irrelevant and if you are mega rich you get to decide the outcome of an election. Not too dissimilar to the existing system in that way - just means the very wealthy don't need to own a tabloid newspaper to influence a democratic vote..

Edited by Barton77