Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Only if it's left up to people like you. 25 million muslims in Europe. You need to learn to live with them, they aren't going away.

I dont understand this. Why should we have to learn to live with them? Why should we change our way of life and values ie the post about introducing halal meat into schools, utterly ridiculous. I think Mark Bolam summed up my feelings fairly well. Just because they are here to stay doesnt mean we should bend to their will or the will of any others for that matter.

Tbh, I just can't see muslims and non muslims living in peace long term.

This week 20 people were killed in a bomb attack aimed at children. There has been virtually no condemnation of this from the muslim community. It just can't go on.

What this terrorist act also highlights is the pressure it placed upon the surrounding hospitals and emergency services.

The torys are systematicly dismantling the NHS to a point where it cannot cope with large scale incidents such as this.

There are less armed police officers on our streets than there were 5 years ago even though Theresea May promised more police in 2016.

We need to invest in our emergency services not devalue them by cuts.

Tbh, I just can't see muslims and non muslims living in peace long term.

This week 20 people were killed in a bomb attack aimed at children. There has been virtually no condemnation of this from the muslim community. It just can't go on.

One theory of why we haven't been contacted or visited by any other advanced civilisation in the Universe is that long before any planet's inhabitants get advanced enough to develop the necessary technology they reliably destroy either themselves or their host planet-and by extension themselves.

It seems not at all unlikely that we are on the same trajectory.

I can imagine a civilisation observing us from another world being totally dumbfounded by how unimaginably stupid we are being.

That is until they wipe themselves out of course!

The 'blame the Tories' thing is very tired.

I'm not a fan by any means, but they inherited a very poor position financially after Gordon 'it's all gone' Brown's Labour government.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

most folk seem to forget this, giving the welfare system a fking good shake down would release billions of ££££ to share out

Good evening Graham [emoji106]

There are no passages in The Bible that glorify child sacrifice.

The "genocide" instructions you refer to were specifically for a certain time in history to rid society of a people group (in the Middle East strangely enough!) who were steeped in devil worship and child sacrifice.

As you have pointed out mate, The Bible as the inspired word of God IS an amazing book and I and many others have found it to be truly life changing.

The thing is, it deals with things like evil, the inherent sinfulness of man and the realities of living in a very messed up world. It's not a fluffy bedtime read for sure.

Shalom!

Timon.

Err, what about Abraham? and is not the whole theme of the bible the claim that "god so loved the world that he "sacrificed" his only begotten son to redeem them" :sneaky2:

Good evening yourself!

I like you too much to descend into another ding dong battle but I think it is worth pointing out that we live in "a very messed up world" significantly as a result of devotion to the same ancient texts that you suggest looking for the answers in.

I'd be interested on your thoughts on this also:

If you had been born in Egypt say, to Muslim parents and had no exposure to Christian teaching or philosophy, it is almost certain that after your revelation you would be worshipping the Prophet Mohammed with exactly the same fervour that you currently worship Jesus Christ.

This is not a dig, I am just genuinely interested to understand how you are so sure that your God is the dude.

I have no huge beef with Christianity other than that it makes absolutely no sense to me. I do believe it provides some cover/justification for other more troubling ideologies though such as Islam and think we would be much better off without any of them. Religions divide us and hold humanity back.

Without wanting to put words in your mouth, you may well be thinking that I have just not been lucky enough to experience the rapture of feeling God's love and that if I had I would be converted.

I am infact quite a spiritual person and have experienced bliss, and feelings of boundless love through meditation. These are very profound experiences and I can see why conditioned people who experience them feel they have been 'touched by God'. I firmly believe these people are jumping to the wrong conclusions.

In short, Jesus is the real deal because of his resurrection (and the fact that it is possible to experience his resurrection life right now and enter into a living relationship with him)

No other religion offers this.

Timon.

What this terrorist act also highlights is the pressure it placed upon the surrounding hospitals and emergency services.

The torys are systematicly dismantling the NHS to a point where it cannot cope with large scale incidents such as this.

There are less armed police officers on our streets than there were 5 years ago even though Theresea May promised more police in 2016.

We need to invest in our emergency services not devalue them by cuts.

As the wife works for the NHS its a not really the case of pennies it's a case of 100 typing in the office while one is wiping all the ar##. Again a problem inherited from the labour feel good factor of giving managerial positions out like sweets to win votes.

We may as well start blaming the Romans next

The 'blame the Tories' thing is very tired.

I'm not a fan by any means, but they inherited a very poor position financially after Gordon 'it's all gone' Brown's Labour government.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agree. Tired of seeing those Facebook pics someone has made about how the countries debt it higher than when Tory's took over. Of course it is! Simple maths, spend more than you make you go deeper into debt! Saw one bloke earlier on about how education and health care is free. It's not!! That tax we all send off and vat and all the rest of it pays for it..we just don't pay at point of service!

I suggested on a local page that long term health care could be covered by buying insurance once you're 65 if want to protect your assets and was shot down. It should be 'free'. The house granny paid 10k for and now worth 400k shouldn't be touched.. let's just keep borrowing Mr Corbin huh?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app